Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

A Result From Lexus Worcester

You may remember I had a little bit of a moan about lexus worcester. The car, initially arriving late because the work they promised wasn't up to spec, came in the following condition.....

(quoted from my letter to them)

-The alloy wheels were never refurbished (this is one reason I purchased from a main dealer).  All wheels are in “ok” condition, however, the front right has been VERY poorly treated and a reciprocating sander and silver spray paint have been used to try and touch up a kerb mark.

-The car arrived with barely any fuel (not the full tank as promised)

-The car arrived with dented right rear alloy wheel (from transportation)

-The CD player did not work (recognised err3 was present)

-I received only 2 keys with the car (one of which was not a remote transponder key)

-I received only 10months tax (not the year as promised).

-I STILL do not have the service book as promised – now 3 months on.

-The steering wheel was approximately 15degrees off centre.

-The boot was full of “odds and ends” from the previous owner (children’s toys, video camera batteries, pens, pencils)

So......as I mentioned, I wrote them a letter and asked for their resolution of the front right wheel, tank of petrol, key, and service book.

A couple of days after the letter I get a call, expressing their deepest apologies, and said get the wheel done, send us the bill, fill up with fuel, send us the bill, and new key and service book are ordered and will be with me next week (as it happens they've told me the service book will be "next week" for 2 months, but it seems it will be now !).

So, just to say, that even though I had some troubles with them, they made a quick resolution, didn't even ask to see pics of the dodgy wheel (I did offer in my letter).

Though it shouldn't have happened in the first place, I'm fairly happy now.

Well done Lexus Worcester......you've redeemed yourselves.......slightly

Nice one,

Brighton took weeks to get me my boot liner, took several re delivers etc to get it. Took 3 months to get the V5 back, cos for some reason they reregistered it in the old owners name or something.

Could have been a DVLA ***** up bu tit took loads of calls for me to sort it out. They never rang me back and overall aftersales was crap. Posted on review site, but left it too long to write to Lexus GB about it - bum.

Also, Southampton - you are even worse. Saying you would have to charge me to look at my poor brakes if there was nothing wrong with them, is well out of order. Reading are looking into it for free as ITS STILL UNDER THE 3YR WARRENTY!

Loan car I was supposed to have was not there, didn't order the parts in, lost the fact I was booked in, ordered wrong radio type - even after they guy rang me to check which one I had.

I will never go to them again - neither will my dad take his GS300 there anymore, cos he can now go to Poole while on holiday. Gutted! and I hope you loose your franchise! :tsktsk: :megaangry:

I believe although knowing me am probably wrong that Octagon Toyota (Reading and Lexus in Reading are owned and run by the same group.

From a Toyota pov Octagon are absolutely superb, I have never had a problem with them and don't even try the local Oxford centre, I take a trip there every time I need something even if it as small as an oil filter !!

Customer service counts for a lot and if a company/garage get that right they've won half of the battle already.

It's a shame other dealers aren't anywhere near as good when selling the same product.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links