Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi all, after doing a 800 mile round trip to cornwall I developed a leak on power steering cooler, I will be replacing this part when it comes tomorrow.

Is the system self bleeding once I top up with fluid and turn steering a few times,or do you need th bleed the system.

Many thanks

Don

Hi all, after doing a 800 mile round trip to cornwall I developed a leak on power steering cooler, I will be replacing this part when it comes tomorrow.

Is the system self bleeding once I top up with fluid and turn steering a few times,or do you need th bleed the system.

Many thanks

Don

Hi all, well had cooler delivered today took old one off ok but a bit of a bitch to fit replacement working on floor but did ok, and the system bled it self.

Don

Good result.

Where did you get your pipe from? There seem to be quite a few with this problem cropped up recently so if you have a cheaper source for this pipe than Lexus, it would be handy for a lot of folk. It can be patched, but a new pipe is always better at the right price.

Good result.

Where did you get your pipe from? There seem to be quite a few with this problem cropped up recently so if you have a cheaper source for this pipe than Lexus, it would be handy for a lot of folk. It can be patched, but a new pipe is always better at the right price.

Hi Tigerfish

well the story is that Lexus wanted 175 my local garage wanted 260 to fit it so i shopped around on e bay and a 2001 model being stripped in london,and this is were i had it from and it looks new at 35 it will do me. the problem is is where they put the rubber or foam on the two ends where it tucks behind the rad these hold water and it go there,i think i if they made cooler shorter and rubber pipes go behind rad there would not be any problem,I have kept my old one to see if it can be repaired in anyway, I think the price of 175 is taking the p---- a little bit for a bent bit of pipe.

Don

Good result.

Hi Tigerfish

well the story is that Lexus wanted 175 my local garage wanted 260 to fit it so i shopped around on e bay and a 2001 model being stripped in london,and this is were i had it from and it looks new at 35 it will do me. the problem is is where they put the rubber or foam on the two ends where it tucks behind the rad these hold water and it go there,i think i if they made cooler shorter and rubber pipes go behind rad there would not be any problem,I have kept my old one to see if it can be repaired in anyway, I think the price of 175 is taking the p---- a little bit for a bent bit of pipe.

Don

Good result on finding a decent replacement. Have you done anything different when you put it back together to stop the water trap on the foam ends?

Good result.

Hi Tigerfish

Don

Good result on finding a decent replacement. Have you done anything different when you put it back together to stop the water trap on the foam ends?

No i didnt i just wanted to get car back on road and the foam is to protect the pipe from rubbing on metalwork, but may do something about it some time later I have old one to work from . y u are on can you answer a question please that is if you know the answer they have a radio i will be buying for 80 with LCD all working ok, same radio as mine but buttons worded different.

mine say other one says DISC this must be the same thing?

mine says ASL other one says TXT not sure about this one?

also is wiring plug the same

DON

Good result.

Hi Tigerfish

Don

No i didnt i just wanted to get car back on road and the foam is to protect the pipe from rubbing on metalwork, but may do something about it some time later I have old one to work from . y u are on can you answer a question please that is if you know the answer they have a radio i will be buying for 80 with LCD all working ok, same radio as mine but buttons worded different.

DON

Sorry mate, I know fook all about the hifi setups other than the Mk1 GS's. Is it a GS or Aristo that they are breaking? Maybe that has a difference. ASL I seem to recall seeing something about a while back and is something to do with speed sensitive volume settings. i.e. it gets louder the faster you go etc. Could be wrong though. If that is the case, there is probably a wiring difference for a speed pickup, but that is just a guess.

Good result.

Hi Tigerfish

Don

DON

Sorry mate, I know fook all about the hifi setups other than the Mk1 GS's. Is it a GS or Aristo that they are breaking? Maybe that has a difference. ASL I seem to recall seeing something about a while back and is something to do with speed sensitive volume settings. i.e. it gets louder the faster you go etc. Could be wrong though. If that is the case, there is probably a wiring difference for a speed pickup, but that is just a guess.

ya thats what the ASL dos which means audio sound level, but cant work out what TXT means, anyway it is a GS300 MK2 2001

Good result.

Hi Tigerfish

Don

DON

ya thats what the ASL dos which means audio sound level, but cant work out what TXT means, anyway it is a GS300 MK2 2001

Only thing I can think of for TXT is CD text. Maybe it displays track names if the CD you are playing has CD Text on it. :unsure:

Good result.

Hi Tigerfish

Don

DON

Only thing I can think of for TXT is CD text. Maybe it displays track names if the CD you are playing has CD Text on it. :unsure:

not sure myself i just hope wiring plug is same as mine it will be here tomorrow i think it should be the same, as mine is a 1998 and its coming out if a 2001 so fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...
Good result.

Hi Tigerfish

Don

DON

not sure myself i just hope wiring plug is same as mine it will be here tomorrow i think it should be the same, as mine is a 1998 and its coming out if a 2001 so fingers crossed

Well have inspected old cooler and i thought it was something special but its just hollow tubing so if thats the case where the two end of the cooler pass thru a little hole the side of rad where this the common fault area, I think I would have got away with cutting the pipe on both ends just infront of rad and just getting longer rubber pipe going to oil resv and rack ths would do away with foam which I think is the problem and this would make it easer and cheaper to repair in any future problems

Well have inspected old cooler and i thought it was something special but its just hollow tubing so if thats the case where the two end of the cooler pass thru a little hole the side of rad where this the common fault area, I think I would have got away with cutting the pipe on both ends just infront of rad and just getting longer rubber pipe going to oil resv and rack ths would do away with foam which I think is the problem and this would make it easer and cheaper to repair in any future problems

Sounds like an area that could do with a dab of waterproof grease every now and again.

Sounds like an area that could do with a dab of waterproof grease every now and again.

Hi tigerfish,

ye the problem is the foam which is located on the bends right by where the two pipe go thru a gap between rad and body the foam i think is to protect it from metal to metal, when i inspected after taking it off the foam was wet thru and the tube under it was all rotten, as i said i think if anybody else as this problem if they do what i said in my last note it wiuld save on pocket.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links