Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Radio Illumination Bulbs

The back light on my radio does not work, the CC is fine though.

I've just phoned the local Toyota/Lexus dealer and they say it's a sealed unit and they can't supply the bulbs :huh: ...rather weird as I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere that someone bought them from the dealer.

Anywayssss....does anyone know what type/number LED bulb will fit?

hi Ruud

It might not be your bulbs..... :whistling: "there may be trouble ahead..." :whistling:

Have you had the blinking dash syndrome yet?

When my instrument panel started failing, it used to flicker on/off, then go off. It used to come back on again after various amounts of time, but when it tried to work again it flickered alternately with the center console (which was embarrassing at night 'cos people thought you were having a disco in your car).

The center console then used to remain blacked out until the next day

Eventually i got round to fixing the dash and the center console has been fine ever since...

If your car hasn't had the fault...it could be on the way.

If you do get the blinking problem soon, you can find a cheap fix on here through 'instrument cluster' posts or a guy called chris (search for posts relating to 'instrument cluster' and you should find him)

Or if you can solder (small circuits), you can fix it yourself for just £3.

Something to do with 3 capacitors not holding a charge anymore. All 3 available from Maplins.

Its not that bad :winky:

Hi Manc,

Nope, no blinking dash at all...just the greenish background illumination on the radio is not working. The lcd is fine though

I can solder..sort of.:)

But I have a retired electrician as a neighbour..I'm sure he would be willing to give it a try :)

Hi Manc,

Nope, no blinking dash at all...just the greenish background illumination on the radio is not working. The lcd is fine though

But I have a retired electrician as a neighbour..I'm sure he would be willing to give it a try :)

Hi the mark3 doesnt have the same dash problems as the mark 1 & 2 models probably is a bulb out on the radio display.

I dont know how to remove it though

Hi Manc,

Hi the mark3 doesnt have the same dash problems as the mark 1 & 2 models probably is a bulb out on the radio display.

I dont know how to remove it though

I'll manage the removing..I just need to find out what number LED bulbs I need

I'll manage the removing..I just need to find out what number LED bulbs I need

If you believe it can only be the bulb, then get the console open and take the bulb to a shop (Maplins would be cheap).

They should be a universal push-type fitting, I've seen several cars & truck bulbs and they are all similar, they might even have the code or power type printed on one...

Good luck

If the GS stereos are similar, I can take one of my spare head units apart later to see what Leds it uses. From what I remember, there seemed to be some surface mounted, and some on very long legs. Let me know if you want me to check.

If the GS stereos are similar, I can take one of my spare head units apart later to see what Leds it uses. From what I remember, there seemed to be some surface mounted, and some on very long legs. Let me know if you want me to check.

I have no clue what a GS radio looks like..lol

Mine is similar to the one below.

radiolexus.jpg

I have no clue what a GS radio looks like..lol

Mine is similar to the one below.

radiolexus.jpg

Yeah, the units look different but if they are made by the same company (pioneer I think for the GS - not labelled as such on the front though), then there is a good chance that they will be made in a similar way. The style of them with the LCD displays etc look similar.

My 1995 LS also has the same problem, as well as the lights under the gear shifter being out. My clocks have never blinked.

Be interested on what lurks behind and beneath before I attempt to fix them (or rather get a workmate to fix them).

My 1995 LS also has the same problem, as well as the lights under the gear shifter being out. My clocks have never blinked.

Be interested on what lurks behind and beneath before I attempt to fix them (or rather get a workmate to fix them).

The lights under the gear shift are just normal incandescent bulbs if the GS is anything to go by. I have just replaced the ones on my GS with LED equivelents.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a full list of bulbs with all thier technical details on this site somewhere, i saw it last week. Im away from my home for 2 weeks so i cant get the bookmarked page to post here sorry....

search for illumination, i think i was looking at the dash troubles page and came accross another post with a scanned list of all bulbs in the LS400

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links