Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Auto Window Close Doesn't Stay Shut.

mcwatson

Over recent weeks, my drivers side door window on my Is200 Sport 51 plate had been coming out of line when shutting the window. It goes down okay but when it tries to shut, the window comes slightly out of its door frame runner as it goes up and it leaves a gap at the side of the window when fully shut.

Went into Autoglass last night as I guessed they would be the quickest at getting the door panel off and they found that of the four bolts that hold the window mechanism to the actual door frame, one had worked its way undone entirely and was sitting at the bottom of the door panel and two others were loose. He tightened them all up and the window goes up okay now. However, when using the Auto close button, the windows gets to the top and then goes back down like they do if they hit an obstruction half way up, they go back down for safety.

Autoglass didn't know how to resolve this but I was just thankful the window closed in its runners and left. I can close the window fully using the manual lifting the button but the auto function won't close it without it opening again.

Any ideas of how to resolve?

Hi, mine sometimes comes back down with the auto button but not very often.

If this is a safety feature for when somethings in the way have you tried cleaning the rubber window seals??

Just a thought as some dirt might be stuck.

Let me know if you sort it pal. ;)

pp

Hi, mine sometimes comes back down with the auto button but not very often.

If this is a safety feature for when somethings in the way have you tried cleaning the rubber window seals??

Just a thought as some dirt might be stuck.

Let me know if you sort it pal. ;)

pp

I'll check but i think all is clear.

When the window was smashed from a theft during 2008, I had the same problem when the window was replaced and the autoglass tech said he had to look on the net to find some kind of reset option for the window. He found out and sorted it. However, the current tech's there don't and suggested the dealer might have to sort out.

I'll do some googling and see what it comes up with.

I have read somewhere in the past how to reset.

Try using the switch to close the window and hold the switch up after the window has closed for a few seconds. Think that was what the procedure was.

as above mate put the window all the way to the top and then hold the button up for 10 seconds if that doesn't work you will need to re-set the pressure sensor.

remove the door trim find the window motor power plug,while pressing the down button(ignition on) pull the plug off the motor then turn the ignition off......plug the motor back in then raise window half way let go of the switch then put the window to the top and hold it up for 10 seconds then realease job done.

• 1 month later...
as above mate put the window all the way to the top and then hold the button up for 10 seconds if that doesn't work you will need to re-set the pressure sensor.

remove the door trim find the window motor power plug,while pressing the down button(ignition on) pull the plug off the motor then turn the ignition off......plug the motor back in then raise window half way let go of the switch then put the window to the top and hold it up for 10 seconds then realease job done.

My window has done the same thing but the window dropped to the bottom of the door, when I took of the inner panel the nuts and bolts were lose and one of the nuts had fallen in to the inner part of the door, the hole in the metal work had become bigger, I placed a washer over it first to stop the nut pulling through the hole, but when I wind the window up now it's all croaked and it keeps auto opening again! I can only close it by slidding the glass up 3/4 of the way, then start to adjust the glass with my hands which is a massive pain, especailly when you go into car parks, can anyone provide pics to help me out please!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links