Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hello All

scooters

Hi All, I have just bought a 1992 LS400 with 125k on the clock. It's silver with the blue interior and so far I am very happy with the car.

I live in Edinburgh but am based for work at St Albans where I work for a large food company - this means I have about 1200 odd miles a week to cover to sites across the UK. I hate the company Vauxhall car option so take the allowance ad claim the fuel instead. My daily drivers for the last 2 years have included:

Volvo 940 Sport Estate

1994 Daimler Double Six (V12 6.0l)

1988 Daimler XJ6

having eaten the '88 Daimler in 3 months of motorway bashing a friend suggested I consider an LS400. I collected her on Wednesday in Worthing and have done 600 trouble free miles since. The only faults are:

vibrations at speed - suspect wheel balance is way out

usual LCD clock issue

a couple of bulbs out on the dash

aircon needs a recharge

autobox error light flashes intermittently - fluid is nice and clean though so suspect a sensor issue rather than a mechanical one.

also - fuel economy ain't bad at all on the motorway - kick ***** stereo as well

Hello & welcome

Check the autofluid is a red/pinky colour, if its new brown oil its the wrong stuff and can damage things apparently....

They are top motors, you've chose wisely and will enjoy your many miles of bliss. I've had mine for 5 years now and its an old k reg and has started to cost me at mot's with old rubbers going and the like but i believe its worth throwing money at it as its never broke down and the parts that need sorting are usual wear & tear stuff (suspension, brakes,

17 yrs old and the engine is still mint.

Some common issues are with blinking dashboards, control arms(where the rubbers fail and knacker the ball joints), rough idling/lacks power(usually the throttle body needs cleaning out), and the p/s reservoir leaks which if not fixed can ruin the alternator then the Battery, and a slight blowing sound from the back of the engine is the egr pipe so dont let anyone tell you you need a new exhaust. I believe mine is still the original exhaust after all those years! only changed 2 gaskets (and thats because the p/s fluid had corroded them).

O and if its really old then the brake pipes (whole system) can corrode.

Any problems i found have all been sorted thro this site

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links