Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Se

hi all im new to the forum and ive just bought myself an is200 se.... was wondering if theres anyhting i should look out for and anything i should do to it... thanks...

also just curious but in the rain if traction control is off would it be possible to get a wee bit of sideways action at junctions just a wee tad.... or do i need an lsd for that...

also i know you can purchase shims to fit into diffs in nissans, was wondering if the same could be done with these...

also where would the besp place be to get myself some lowering springs

i know thats alot of questions but im new to this so need all the advice i can get... thanks...

Hi there, welcome to LOC.

OK answers to your questions, a word of warning though these are just my personal opinions and not the opinions of any other LOC member or associated affiliates. I'm sure a lot more people will offer their advice to you to and put me to shame :tomato:

1. It widely accepted that the first few mods you should do is to get some stiffer anti-roll bars, then take a wee trip to Wheels in Motion and get your geometry sorted by professionals. This will add oodles to your handling and sort out that dreaded body wallow.

2. Your in luck, the IS200 is very arse end light. So if one were to accidentally turn off their TRC just moments before your foot accidentally slips off the clutch while your revving high in the wet, you might find yourself fishtailing down the road with a big grin on your face ;) . But it is widely accepted that an LSD is preferable and a bolt off bolt on job if only you can source one.

3. Don't know is the simple answer to that one, I'm sure someone with a bit more knowledge can help you out on that one.

4. There are loads of lowering springs on the market just depends how low you wan to go and how much you can afford. Run a search in either the 'brakes and suspension' section or the 'mods and tuning' section and there will be loads of threads to look at.

One more thing.......Get It Supercharged!! :D

Hope that's satisfied you for now and once again welcome to LOC.

Welcome to LOC :) im sure you have many things to learn like my self. enjoy the forums.. they maybe a bunch of oldies but they are a friendly bunch :) hehe

don't get dark wheels :D I have green with silver standard wheels and when they are clean the car looks really nice, and some chav near me has one too but he has dark (possibly black) wheels and his car looks cack

if you want aftermarket wheels, go bigger if you don't mind losing a bit of the ride comfort, 19's fill the arches very nicely on these cars, but 18's are also nice

all just my opinion, Welcome too by the way

i was thinking like 18 or 19 inch rims but in gold...??????????

anywho does anybody know how i could possibly make my car a bit more sideways in the rain...lol...

do i have to buy an lsd or is there a cheaper way... i.e shimms like you can get for nissans... which basically makes the diff a 2way...??

anywho... the gadgets in the car are awsome.. ive always had rovers/mgs before this car and i love it.... so nice to drive....

thanks for the welcome guys...

please dont go gold you well prob regret it that combo is best kept for the scoobys mate.i have a green is200 sport(LSD as standard) mate running 18" fox rs's heres a pic for ya

i and many other owners find the car is really really easy to get sidways in the rain.is your car running ok?

p2108091941.jpg

any pics of your car up yet?

na no pics yet... i aint got a camera... stuck in the dark ages..lol... may i ask how you lowered your car as it looks pretty sweet there at that ride height...

the springs i got were off of eBay and were ment to lower the rear 50mm and the front 40mm but on mesuring once it had settled the front had dropped 40mm and the rear 46mm.

the offset of the wheels also changes the way it looks aswell mate think the ideal offset is about 45-50 the wheels on mine have a offset of 35, fills the arch a bit more.

heres a pic of the car when i got it just over a year ago.(the very first day had just drove it back from dewsbury over 4 hours away)

4389845714a7580133967l.jpg

and heres a pic i took today after a quick polish(my sig has got all the mods to date)

p2208091436.jpg

my car is a 1999 a lot of people dont believe me when i tell them my car is 10years old.

i have 18's on mine with an offset of 35 but they do rub on the arches we going in to dips in the road above 40 mph, even worse around town if i have a body in the back, but i do believe that's because the minimum offset is meant to be 40 (so I'm LED to believe) although i have been a bit suspicious of the back springs for a long time.

i have 18's on mine with an offset of 35 but they do rub on the arches we going in to dips in the road above 40 mph, even worse around town if i have a body in the back, but i do believe that's because the minimum offset is meant to be 40 (so I'm led to believe) although i have been a bit suspicious of the back springs for a long time.

arty mate what tyres you running??width wise?the offset on mine is 35 its lowered a mesured 46mm at the rear and 40mm at the front and i can have 5 up on any road drive as hard as i like and i have no rubbing at all and my arches are standard(no rolling or cutting)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links