Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dropped the car off at my mechanics the other day and he's told me there's PS leaks from what appear to be the top of the pump and the front . A quick mooch around the site and I've found that the top leak is more likely to be the o-ring from the reservour (sp?). But does anyone know the size of the seal that fits behind the bearing near the pulley and if it has seals, lips etc?

Ta!

Have a look here there's everything you need to know plus more!

http://www.toyodiy.com/parts/p_E_1993_LEXU...AEPGK_4502.html

The seal kit is called a "Gasket Kit" ( part # at top of list)

Also bear in mind the alternator sits below the PS pump and does not like PS fluid dripping into it so try and get the pump sorted asap and while it is out clean the alternator down.

Some people have made a protective cover to help prevent this happening.

Hello mate,

I had the famous p/s leak but it wasnt the o-ring or the pump.

I did change the o-ring confident it was that after reading this site, but it kept leaking and i had to steam the engine to find the source of the leak.

Open your bonnet & look behind the big fan. You'll see a figure of 8 looking pipe that is the power steering fluid cooler pipe. This was the culprit on mine.

It attaches to a rubber hose, runs up thro the o/s headlight and rejoins a metal p/s pipe that goes to the reservoir.

Anyway, after taking headlight out to access the p/s pipes properly, i found that none had holes in but the leak appeared to be caused by weak clips holding the fig. of 8 pipe to the rubber hose. I spent a whopping £3 on 4 jubilee clips and never saw a leak again.

The reason the fluid was all over the engine is that it was leaking down there, getting sucked up into the fans emmissions and spraying itself all over the engine. It looked bad, but after the steam i realised it wasnt as bad as it 1st looked, and after finding the source i was exstatic about fixing it myself for less than a fiver :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links