Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

does any one know if theres another toyota exhaust box that fits the mk 1 300 sport

i live in portugal and wont be back in uk until september and my rear right hand box has come away from the tube

i am pretty sure it isnt really possible to repair until i get back to uk and as the old lexus models where never imported in to the country i am pretty sure it will be majorly expensive to get one in

alternatively is there a way of buying a rear box in uk and getting it shipped directly.................it looks pretty simple to fix

maybe its psossible to get a cheap (non lexus) back box from a supplier here

Yup, you can get the rear boxes for £25 (GBP) on ebay. Just ask the seller regarding shipping.

is that origional rear box

i tried a search on e bay and couldnt find anything................what should search be

i can get shipped to UK address and get friend to bring it over

Yup, you can get the rear boxes for £25 (GBP) on ebay. Just ask the seller regarding shipping.

i tried a search on e bay and couldnt find anything................what should search be

just found this, it looks right

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LEXUS-GS300-3-0-S-SE...id=p3286.c0.m14

Yup, that's the one.

Yup, that's the one.

thanks

i bought the pair...so will change both.....atleast will keep them even and the other is probably due to fail soon

it looks quite a straight forward fit

do you know if the tailpipes from the origional boxes will fit easily

there is one for a mk 2 advertised on e bay, but its only one

what other non standard tail pipe cover would fit

Yup, that's the one.

thanks

i bought the pair...so will change both.....atleast will keep them even and the other is probably due to fail soon

The original trims should fit but it all depends how easily they come off. If they are stuck solid, any damage or mishaping of the trim will make it more difficult to re-fit. Any aftermarket trims will fit if they are the correct diameter. They just have a habit of rusting more and looking naff after a while. You generally get what you pay for on that score, mega cheap and they will more than likely look cr*p after a fairly short time.

Fitting the back box is easy enough, although you will probably need new bolts, and maybe a gasket (or some exhaust sealing paste as an alternative).

Yup, that's the one.

thanks

The original trims should fit but it all depends how easily they come off. If they are stuck solid, any damage or mishaping of the trim will make it more difficult to re-fit. Any aftermarket trims will fit if they are the correct diameter. They just have a habit of rusting more and looking naff after a while. You generally get what you pay for on that score, mega cheap and they will more than likely look cr*p after a fairly short time.

Fitting the back box is easy enough, although you will probably need new bolts, and maybe a gasket (or some exhaust sealing paste as an alternative).

luckily i got the 2 rear boxes as, on inspection , the other was more corroded than it looked

i managed to sheer 2 bolts taking them off but had some on hand so that was ok

the pipe knocked off ok on one and think the other will come off ok too, so a little polish up first and .....nicely all sorted

thanks for the info

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links