Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Subwoofer Troubles!

hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me, have tried searching but im getting confused!

well today i decided to try and install my subwoofer , have never done anything like this before really but decided to try and figure it out! spent all afternoon putting in the wiring etc and was really pround of myself lol! then, i put the woofer in the boot and tried to wire it up - this is how it is currently (excuze the crappy diagram lol)

post-27554-1250298434.jpg

at first the power light on the amp was on but when i tested it the sub wasn't working, so i tried switching the wires round incase i used the wrong ones,( there is two sets of posotive and negative ports, left and right??) but the last time i did it the power light wasnt on, and still wont come on!! im hoping no one says ive blown my amp, although thats what im expecting lol :( , im even more confused because i know im meant to earth it somewhere aswell, the wires etc came out of my old car (it was installed in there previousely) and there was a thin blue one that also ran down the car, but when i traced it, it went to the cd player, but had been sliced into another wire think??

also the headunit is an aftermarket one which works correctly so i dont think that theres something wrong with that!

if anyone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it,

hi guys, i was wondering if anyone could help me, have tried searching but im getting confused!

well today i decided to try and install my subwoofer , have never done anything like this before really but decided to try and figure it out! spent all afternoon putting in the wiring etc and was really pround of myself lol! then, i put the woofer in the boot and tried to wire it up - this is how it is currently (excuze the crappy diagram lol)

post-27554-1250298434.jpg

at first the power light on the amp was on but when i tested it the sub wasn't working, so i tried switching the wires round incase i used the wrong ones,( there is two sets of posotive and negative ports, left and right??) but the last time i did it the power light wasnt on, and still wont come on!! im hoping no one says ive blown my amp, although thats what im expecting lol :( , im even more confused because i know im meant to earth it somewhere aswell, the wires etc came out of my old car (it was installed in there previousely) and there was a thin blue one that also ran down the car, but when i traced it, it went to the cd player, but had been sliced into another wire think??

also the headunit is an aftermarket one which works correctly so i dont think that theres something wrong with that!

if anyone can point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it,

the blue wire is a remote power lead to turn the amp on and should be connected to the remote on the HU.

The amp needs to be earthed to the chassis, u can use the ring type fifing pointsin the boot but sand down the area underneath first to get a good connection.

the sub should be wired toone of each of the +ve on left channel and -ve on right or vice versa..

done!! :) thanks alot mate, i connected the blue wire in and grounded it and its working fine now! not bad for a first attempt i suppose lol, now, all i need to do is figure out what all those settings mean, back to the search button me thinks!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links