Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Shuttering Engine

gcarson

:question: With a 1995 ES300 the engine runs rough, shutters, and makes a rumbling noise about once a or twice a tank of gas. The problem goes away after turning the engine off for about 10-15 minutes. Oddly, the problem seems to occur soon after filling with gas or when nearly empty! The problem can occur at highway speeds or at slow, city speeds. (Two Lexus dealers have not found yet found the solution.) The ERG has been suggested as the problem but this has not been replaced yet. Any other ideas or suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

one thought although not related to the gas it the intake

maf that does give it a bogginh problem

my 94 which shares the same engine had that problem a while ago

i had to clean the sensor out

also the egr shouldn't cause too much of a bogging problem

as i also have a problem with my egr

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links