Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Barcode Thingy On The Window.

Hi everyone.

I have had my IS200 for about three weeks. Its a 2001 SE Auto in Kensington Green.

I was just throwing in some 4awg wiring for the Sound System this afternoon when I noticed that the plate that normally has what I think is the VIN Number in the lower window on the pasengers side was not there. There is rivets into the dash in the little opening in the window but no plate.

The car had been HPI checked before I bought it and there was obviously no probs there. What I was wondering is, is this illegal not to have the plate there and do you think that there is some dodgy-ness going on.

Any help appreciated people.

Cheers

Hi everyone.

I have had my IS200 for about three weeks. Its a 2001 SE Auto in Kensington Green.

I was just throwing in some 4awg wiring for the Sound System this afternoon when I noticed that the plate that normally has what I think is the VIN Number in the lower window on the pasengers side was not there. There is rivets into the dash in the little opening in the window but no plate.

The car had been HPI checked before I bought it and there was obviously no probs there. What I was wondering is, is this illegal not to have the plate there and do you think that there is some dodgy-ness going on.

Any help appreciated people.

Cheers

I believe it is illegal not to have a vin code on display in newer vehicles (obviously made as such), it is to enable roadside checks.

I don't want to worry you but I would get it checked very carefully, there should be a welded vin plate somewhere on the body (most are under or by the driver seat on the floor, although not sure about Lexus).

Sounds a bit moody to me.

I still wouldn't want to drive round with it missing, did you buy it from a dealer? If so I'd be inclined to take it back and ask them to fix it, in fact even if it was private I'd go back and get them to sort it. It's not going to be easy to get another one made.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links