Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Toc Vs Loc Karting Event...

rhaines

OK I've made some phone calls to Karting Oxford and had a chat with the blokey and come up with the following. I have provisionally booked it (ca cancel if need be) and thought I would post to see what feedback we get...

The best layout working on the basis that TOC and LOC can get a team of 12 together is as follows (we can arrange larger teams if needed).

TOC vs LOC Grand Prix Session

Everybody gets a minimum of 6 Races where they will alternate from starting in pole position to starting in 6th so you can practice your overtaking manouvers :) (Great if were working on a points basis)

After the initial heats the top twelve will go through to a semi-final and out of that the top 6 will go through to a 10 lap final. The top 3 people on the day will get a proper trophy each.

The karts they use have a top speed of 55mph but are ok for peopl upto 24 Stone so your not going to have major disadvantages for the larger among us....

Total cost of the day is £36 each.....

Session available is 3pm to 5.30.....

OK So first question is is this the sort of Karting event you wanted and second question is who is available to do this :) :) :)

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you provisionally book for a certain date ?

I'm still definately there (all things being equal of course).

Good on you for investigating it all

I think it sounds like a very good format actually. I assume that's working on the basis of 12 from LOC and 12 from TOC ?

I think £36 isn't TOO bad. Will we get a little bit of practice time first though? Dont particularly want to go for first race without ever having driven the track!

3pm-5.30 means we could have a mini-meet BEFORE the karting ?

Yup.....definate thumbs up from me

Sorry yup....

I thought I had better book a good while down the line for the first even t so everyone can arrange things and hopefully be able to attend so date set is the 5th July . If this is to far down the line and we can arrange everyone to be available before then we can try book earlier although they need 4 weeks notice.

Was planning for 12 TOC & 12 LOC, wouldn't really be fair for 23 TOC members and 1 LOC member to attend as we might just have a bit of advantage in the points dept :)

There are practice sessions as well so you wouldn't be going straight into a race :)

To be honest I'm just gonna be there cos I love karting and will enjoy the giggle. I dont have any rivalry at all with the TOC, it will just be a form of competition......and i LOVE competing :)

5th July is good for me!

How bout the others in the "first" mention....

"Tony hetherington

Rodders

Fargo

ifraz

Si Skippy

Norkep"

so.. we need to sort out whos driving then and who is a spare driver.

Ryan.. no chance of pushing for more time then?

well i thought we haed one team of 6 already confimed, and didnt yourself and Claire G put yourselves donw as spare drivers. so we need another 4 to get this first event running.

so.. we need to sort out whos driving then and who is a spare driver.

Ryan.. no chance of pushing for more time then?

What do you mean by pushing for more time then ? You mean longer races ?

sorry ryan.. i red it wrong.. thought it said 3.30 to 5pm.. thought 1 and a half hours was short.

please check the events list and make there are no other events on.

i will go as spare driver.. but would also like to have a go too!

thing is.. what team to i drive for? I am admin for both sites... :sad:

OK so teams so far.....

I would put it up on the evens thingy-me-jiggy but it doesn't like my email address so can't register.....

LOC - 14

Tony hetherington

Rodders

Fargo

ifraz

Si Skippy

Norkep

Claire G

donw

zee007 - Hasn't said anything yet but bethe will :)

matt wildrnes

msw

Loz

Jac

Kavey

TOC - 6

Rhaines

Sorted Avensis

Scot

Dan

Badger

Roadrunner

Will update as members signup :)

well tony.. me thinks you would be good as club Kart leader... hehee

well i dont mind doing it if nobody else does. how about for this first meet rhaines and I doing it (rhaines living in Oxford really probably would help !)

rhaines ????

ok.. you two can be team leaders and i am the neutral guy.. piggy in the middle... throw my car keys over my head like in a scholl play ground :unsure::lol:

would be good.

overalls will come at a bit later date though due to costs and sourcing... but was thinking TOC the blue Team and LOC the red team

this way we can see which team on the track.

this way we can see which team on the track.

I was thinking EXACTLY that.......

overalls are a bit OTT for the time being I think, but my theory was that in (MOST) go-karting places, they have both black and white helmets.

We'll just tell LOC to use black and TOC to use white so you can recognise teams on track.

Was thinking also stickers on the back of the seats (i.e. so you can see who is in front of you) if the helmet idea doesn't work out

Karting Oxford have said the only way to do this is to find a sticker that we could put on the back of the helmets....

If we can supply stickers that would fix to the back of the helmets he wouldn't mind at all if we put them on them :)

im sure the tracks supply only 2 colours of overalls.

and also what about those that want to use there own helmet as the tracks ones have been used by everyone and his dog.. :zee:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community

eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk