Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Sport Navigator Front Right Speakers No Sound, Help

evening all. long story short but my front right speakers are not working, the speaker and the tweeter, it's the 8 speaker navi sport with clarion aftermarket cd tuner headunit using correct amp bypass cable, i believe everything was working fine after the cd player was installed months ago, but yesterday i noticed that both front right speakers were not working at all, i removed and threw away the sat nav harddrive out from the boot as it was not working a few days back and by searching the forum someone said that controls the sat nav voice that comes from the front right speakers. So the question is "am i a total muppet :duh: who has knackered my stereo by throwing away this hardrive." or can i sort some thing out by new wiring or is it just a loose wire????

evening all. long story short but my front right speakers are not working, the speaker and the tweeter, it's the 8 speaker navi sport with clarion aftermarket cd tuner headunit using correct amp bypass cable, i believe everything was working fine after the cd player was installed months ago, but yesterday i noticed that both front right speakers were not working at all, i removed and threw away the sat nav harddrive out from the boot as it was not working a few days back and by searching the forum someone said that controls the sat nav voice that comes from the front right speakers. So the question is "am i a total muppet :duh: who has knackered my stereo by throwing away this hardrive." or can i sort some thing out by new wiring or is it just a loose wire????

u messed up by throwing that away mate thats , those wires are all interconnedted to the front right speaker.....

i was worried someone would confirm that, my car was damaged when i bought it, sat nav remote missing and headunit faulty (never used the sat nav so didn't know how it worked or where the sound came from) so i sold the screen and replaced headunit, so the hard drive was loose in the boot as where it was rear end damaged it was off the mounting brackets, only realised no sound after the binman had come, oops, looks like i will have to work some clever wiring, from the head unit to the front right speaker, does anyone know how best to do this, should be routed behind the dash and through that rubber hose that connects the door to the car where the other wires are. thanks

you should have left the naigating machine in there,

what you could do(not ideal but will work)find the left speaker wires and bridge them in to the right speaker wires job done you wont be able to fade left to right but who does that anyway.

hope that helps.

cheers ormi, don't think that will work for mine as it had sat nav, so i think only the f/r speaker wiring goes via sat nav hard drive that i threw away, your idea would of worked if eg the stereo output was fautly but as the f/r speaker wire doesn't go direct to f/r speaker don't think bridging there will work. think i need to cut the f/r speaker wire on actual amp bypass cable (clarion cd fitted) and run a new wire direct to f/r speaker and treat myself to some new components and dynamat seeing as i will have to cut some wires in door area and have door trim off etc. Hope that makes some sort of sense but like i say cheers ormi anyway, as for retaining sat nav, would off needed to buy sat nav remote and possible new hardrive and cd, also cd headunit as err3 and didn't fancy all that cost to attempt to keep so sold screen as was useless. I hate the way if you remove stuff on lexus cars it seems to effect other stuff, maybe their way of making money.

thats what i ment mate take a feed from the left speaker run a wire over to the right kick panel(sure the speaker wire will be in their)and join that to the right speaker?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links