Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

General

Driven normaly a clutch could last over 100k i had one in my hiace still at 154k .But i would say there is no real way of telling how long as we all drive differently. i.e a clutch that has done 60k motor way miles is likley to be in better condition than one that has spent its time up london stopping and starting .signs of wear are clutch slipping (car reving high but not moving that quickly)and clutch judder (car shaking on pull away).Probaly not a good explanation but i Hope it helps .a simple test is to drive along at low revs in 2nd gear and plant your foot on the accelarator if the car revs really high but car remains at same speed your clutch is slipping

It depends on how you drive. If you participate in regular 'traffic light grand prix's' then it will wear out quicker than if you drive like Zee :D ....... :zee:

There are no definate figures on clutch life, it's a case of wait and see. You can tell your cluch plate is on it's way out when it starts slipping. A symptom of this is when you accelerate (you will see this more under heavy loading) and the revs increase and your speed does not. Try pulling off from standstill and only releasing the clutch peddle half way, this is what a slipping clutch would be like.

a mechanic told me it should last well over 80k. But it all depends on your driving style, and where you drive most.

If your clutch is slipping, you will surely know about it. Lose of power which forces you to kick down is one sign. When it get,s severe, you canget stuck in 4th speed on the motorway and you will be unable to pull away in 5th.

Put don,t let it get to that stage (as I found out) cos when you stop, you can barely get out of 2nd, and you will be cooking your flywheel too.

Like your 2 replies Andy... :whistling:

Yeh, figured it does depend on how a person drives and how excess you use the clutch but thought maybe lexus have a "End By Date"!?!? :blush: :iraqi-info-minister: :whistling:

You also get a terrible smell if clutch is slipping its a bit like when you over cook the brakes.As for an end by date they probaly have a good idea on how long but i doubt they will tell you as any one with a clutch failure before this time would be trying to claim a new one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links