Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Stock Alarm

Has anyone else found that the stock alarm is a load of cr@p??

I had my car broken into right outside my friends house and the alarm did not go off! After i replaced the window i tested the alarm to see how sensitive it was and i could not get it to go off. i tried rocking the car from the outside, tried sitting in the car and rocking it etc

The only way the alram would go off is if i try opening it with the key or if i starting the car while it is locked

Is there any way i can turn the sensitivity up or should i just invest in a new alarm?

Thanks guys

Mike

There have been people on here who had the opposite and the sensors were too sensitive and therefore the dealer turned them off completely - I wonder if that's what has happened to your car as it should go off with the window down when it's armed if youjust stick you hand in.

Do you just press the button once when you lock the car?

No mate i press it twice when i lock it

I can leave my windows all the way down and the alarm wont go off at all, yet other cars dont seem to like the windows bein down at all once the alarm is engaged

Ok so it looks like it may have been my own fault that the alarm didnt go off when the car got broken into

I just testin the alarm by only pressin the button once and it seemed to work

Bugger! That mistake cost me over 1500 quid

Unfortunately yes - on some models the double press deadlocks it - others it disables the interior sensors as you've found out to your cost :(

well mine deadlocks it aswell as turnin sensors off :(

Nevermind, lesson learned i suppose

Invest in a Diskloc too... The visual deterrent is as good as any. I had thieves try to steal my BMW with a screwdriver. They were never gonna get it away but caused considerable damage to the door before the alarm went off...

well mine deadlocks it aswell as turnin sensors off :(

Nevermind, lesson learned i suppose

Invest in a Diskloc too... The visual deterrent is as good as any. I had thieves try to steal my BMW with a screwdriver. They were never gonna get it away but caused considerable damage to the door before the alarm went off...

have you seen how fast a disk lock can be removed?????seconds mate i watched a locksmith remove one as the customer lost his keys.if a locksmith can remove one without even a drill can bet your socks so can a theif.the dirty buggers that they are.!!!!

this might sound like a silly question, but what is the use of an alarm that disables the interior sensors? I know it is deadlocked when pressed twice, but I would prefer the alarm to go off when someone gets in thru the glass

this might sound like a silly question, but what is the use of an alarm that disables the interior sensors? I know it is deadlocked when pressed twice, but I would prefer the alarm to go off when someone gets in thru the glass

in case lets say for example, if you leave a dog, in the car .........

in case lets say for example, if you leave a dog, in the car .........

shouldnt leave dogs in cars :whistling:

now this in intersting. My car deadlocks the car on the second press of the fob but I've tried my alarm in the past by leaving the window open as well but it didnt lock. Mine is a 2002 52 plate car so as its slightly newer I thought that it would be using the newer system where the interior sensors needed to be switched off with the lock unlock technique. my alarm will go off if i open the car with the key tho....is there anything wrong??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links