Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bad Break Noises

Hey guys,

Had my discs n pads done about 8 months ago, recently I have heard a loud clasping noise as I'm braking, it only seems to happen when I'm breaking at slow speeds its like a loud clap from under the car, also when I'm braking with the wheels turned again theres a 1 knocking noise and clasping again and I can feel it through the brake pedal,doesnt sound very healthy, when driving at normal speeds I can hear a rattling all around my car like the pads are loose in my calipers? I got mintex discs and just some oem pads from eBay could cheap pads be the problem?

any help would appreciated.

Cheers

Hey guys,

Had my discs n pads done about 8 months ago, recently I have heard a loud clasping noise as I'm braking, it only seems to happen when I'm breaking at slow speeds its like a loud clap from under the car, also when I'm braking with the wheels turned again theres a 1 knocking noise and clasping again and I can feel it through the brake pedal,doesnt sound very healthy, when driving at normal speeds I can hear a rattling all around my car like the pads are loose in my calipers? I got mintex discs and just some oem pads from ebay could cheap pads be the problem?

any help would appreciated.

Cheers

Does sound like something has come loose. Hard to say what - I would get it up on ramps before something flies off. I did my back brakes last week and the things I can think of are -

Loose caliper (not bolted back on correctly, or bolts worked loose).

Pin which holds on the clips (which in turn holds the pads in place), could the split pin have snapped and it's worked loose?

Could the 2 spring clips have snapped / come loose?

Did you fit the anti-squeal plates back on the pads? I nearly threw them away when I fitted new brakes, thought they were junk!

I used Mintex pads back and front and have no probs with them.

Hi mate thanks for the reply, after inspecting the calipers its looks as though the pin hole is broken on rear passenger caliper so its not holding the pads in place well and causing the rattling hwen driving, will I need a new caliper if so do you know how much cost is?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links