Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More Power

Hi all,

I have just got a lex IS200, after being parted with my 200 SX...

I need to have more power, but not sure i can part with 3-4k after just getting the car..

Can anyone help and tell me what options i have??

Is there somthing in the middle from the 6bhp chip to the supercharger??

Cheers

S

Hi all,

I have just got a lex IS200, after being parted with my 200 SX...

I need to have more power, but not sure i can part with 3-4k after just getting the car..

Can anyone help and tell me what options i have??

Is there somthing in the middle from the 6bhp chip to the supercharger??

Cheers

S

Replace the air filter or change to an induction kit: http://www.tdi-plc.com/is200.html

I like the Nitrous idea but has anyone tried Nitrous on an IS200???

Suspension work - not going to increase HP but the difference that a 100 pound front strut brace makes is amazing

Dark, does the strut brace really make a difference?

The front struct brace was the first modification that I carried out, it was a quick job to fit (about 15 minutes) and the front end is so much better - turn in was noticeably better, could probably carry 5 - 10mph more around the same corner without any problems.

is this strut bar better than the TTE one from TDI?? Just wondered as the price difference is massive!

Also, if I just wanted to put a different air filter on to a standard car, what make is best and can I expect to notice it as well as hear it!!

Ta lads :winky:

QUOTE (bloofire @ May 15 2003, 08:07 AM)

No way! That's cool, I might have to invest in one.

How much do they cost? 

http://www.takakaira.com/performance/cusco...?index=strutbar

Choose type=OS

Price:

Front = $128

Rear = $128

Plus shipping etc... still much cheaper than you will find in UK I think

Thanks Dark. Do you have to have both (sorry- not very technical!) or just one or what's the difference?

Also where does the rear one go exactly?

ok, you dont have to have both, although i do, but i think i need them.

they go between the suspension turrets of the car, i.e one front one rear.

the front one stops the car twisting bulkhead forwards, this improves turn in, and makes the front alignments tighter.

on the rear it assists with keeping the rear taught and stops oversteer.......in co-operation with stiiffer anti-roll bars and decent sprongs , the strut bars will make a massive improvement to handling

eh? On TDI's website they say..

Suspension- Step 3:

TTE anti-roll bar kit. These bars, in conjunction with uprated suspension will dramatically improve cornering ability. The mounting provides 3 steps of stiffness to suit individual preferences. As with all TTE equipment, the product is TUV approved. £325.00.

OR: HKS anti-roll bar kit. Although not adjustable like the TTE kit above, these bars have been designed to work in conjunction with the HKS Hiper Damper kit, and offer unparalled body roll control. Supplied with uprated polyurethane bushes to give greater precision. £350.00.

Now I am confused!! :huh:

eh? On TDI's website they say..
Suspension- Step 3:

TTE anti-roll bar kit. These bars, in conjunction with uprated suspension will dramatically improve cornering ability. The mounting provides 3 steps of stiffness to suit individual preferences. As with all TTE equipment, the product is TUV approved. £325.00.

OR: HKS anti-roll bar kit. Although not adjustable like the TTE kit above, these bars have been designed to work in conjunction with the HKS Hiper Damper kit, and offer unparalled body roll control. Supplied with uprated polyurethane bushes to give greater precision. £350.00.

Now I am confused!! :huh:

That's anti roll-bars - mat and darkis were talking about STRUT bars.... :lookaround:

Ok, so what do anti-roll bars, do, look like, and where do they fit?

Anti roll bars go underneath the car to tie the wishbones to the body. Strut braces just stiffen up the body. Ideally you should have both B)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links