Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus V Toyota Karting Team

Steve

I was thinking we should have a Kartin Team

Team Lexus V Team Toyota from our other club and have quartley race days.

In this we would have proper awards and trophies.

Does anyone think this is a good Idea? If so who would like to nominate as team leader?

well lets get team leader to manage Team Lexus and who is willing to make most Kart meets.. or two team leaders in case one cannot make it.

i am willing to create a proper page for this with the score boards

at the same time we could have proper races in the morning and a club meet in the afternoons as a general fun meet.

i think this would really be good for the club.

first off what size team should it be... should we have two teams each?

lets knock some ideas out here. I know the Toyota lads are ready and waiting to take you guys on! hehe

How many people/teams do the toyota boys have?

It will have to be quite country wide. Quarterly is probably a good idea......as because people are so far away from one another, it will involve lots of travelling for at least one of the team!

Is a team 5.....6 people?

And how would the event be run do you think? Everyone on track at the same time, i.e. both team lexus and team toyota, with points aware for say 1 thru 6 positions. Then have 3 or 4 races in a morning, and the winning team is those with most points, with also an outright winning person?

Also - we could have a "main event" endurance type race. If we have two teams - and so do Toyota, you could have a.....say......1 1/2hour race, with only 4 karts on track (2 x toyota, 2 x lexus) and each member of each team races for a period of that time. This could have treble points value for example.

These really are "knock 'em out" type brainstorming ideas

sounds wicked mate

6 to a team to even it out. Two teams each... 30 mins for first team and 30 mins for second team.. then swap teams against each other.

I dont know whether I understood you correctly....

this would mean only 5mins driving per person (30mins/6people) - which really isn't much at all. Or did you have something totally different in mind?

I definately think a few "warm up" races in the morning, still with points, but then a big main even for after lunch ...... loadsa pressure, loadsa chuckles, loadsa fun !!!

Getting a go-kart track to hold it wont be TOO much of a problem I dont think, however how would it be funded? Every member of the team chipping in their 30....40....50quid I guess (rough numbers)

i meant 30 means per team.. not splitting it 5 mins per member.

Yes it would need to be self funded... afterall its just a bag of fun at the end of the day... like paint balling.

but with enough people it would be very cheap.

we would then batle it out on the league score charts!

oh, i think i understand what you mean now.

there's a few different things that can be done i guess. of course depends what team toyota would want to do aswell.

to hold a meet afterwards would be a good idea too, because you'd get many other non-participating members coming along to see the go-karting before the meet too, so more support.

We would indeed need to create a league (cross-board, TOC vs LOC, aswell as individuals in the teams [there'll be 24 - 2xteams of 6 from each])

What other car marques would be interested do you think ??

i know the honda guys would be interested.

i can contact many clubs as I am one of the organisers for JAE.. so not a prob...

have to be JAP only though :D

And how would the event be run do you think?  Everyone on track at the same time, i.e. both team lexus and team toyota, with points aware for say 1 thru 6 positions.  Then have 3 or 4 races in a morning, and the winning team is those with most points, with also an outright winning person?

Also - we could have a "main event" endurance type race.  If we have two teams - and so do Toyota, you could have a.....say......1 1/2hour race, with only 4 karts on track (2 x toyota, 2 x lexus) and each member of each team races for a period of that time.  This could have treble points value for example.

These really are "knock 'em out" type brainstorming ideas

i would agree with Tony, for ease why not try and keep it similar to how the actual go-kart tracks do it for the 'corporate' events, whereby everyone races in 'x' amount of heats with points awarded for finish position in each heat. then as Tony suggests just add up the points won by each team member to get the total team points.

it would also be great to do the endurance races, either on the same day or maybe as a seperate 'super champion of champions ' event.

OR, just a thought you see, why not have points awarded similar to 'at home' and 'away' football matches (i dont know much about footy though so dont bite :iraqi-info-minister: ) we coouold perhaps allocate various go-kart tracks as either LOC or TOC.

another idea stemming from this idea is we could then allocate home and away points to each individual team member (almost like fantasy football league i guess) and at the end of the year award them the prestigious 'Best of the Best' trophy..

Fargo...

(just an aside - the home and away thing in football matches that you're thinking of is probably the away goals rule, evident in two-leg matches (for example in cup semi-finals). Points, whether winning at home or away, are still the same. It's only if it's a draw in matches where there has to be a result (i.e. cup matches) do away GOALS come into it - and the team with most away goals wins. If that's equal, extra time and penalties come into play).

Anyhow, as for the go-karting. I was thinking along the same lines as yourself.......however, to get that detailed with leagues, best of best etc, I think you're going to need too many go-kart meets. It would be fun, but very difficult to get (for example) 72people (3x24) to give 10weekends, and everyone have the weekends free.

I think as was suggested, quarterly would prob be better. Within each of those meets you could award points and consequently get a winning club and ultimately best driver. The points could be carried forward through the year for a final result.

Hang on...that's pretty much what you said. Ignore me. Just take that as me saying "What a good idea"

:blush:

Tony hetherington

Rodders

Fargo

ifraz

Si Skippy

Norkep

I myself will be a spare driver... as i am in between both clubs prolly better if i just rmeain a spare driver for those who cannot make it..

of course in the afternoon i will be interested in having a go anyway.

Hang on...that's pretty much what you said.  Ignore me.  Just take that as me saying "What a good idea"

great minds ehh.

but thank you for correcting my football misdemeanor, my new football knowledge now stands at oooohh 1%. :iraqi-info-minister: :iraqi-info-minister:

Simon - so can i call on you for some karting advice as me and some friends now have 4 karts ranging from 100cc to a 125cc 6 gear jobby..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links