Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

How To Remove Upper Vents Trim In Is220

Hi all,

In another topic I asked a question regarding the removal of the center console in an IS220d.

I found some tutorials on this issue.

But I'm stuck at the removal of the upper air vent trim.

I can disengage the 4 clips, but the thing won't move at all. It seems still to be stuck at the top.

To the left and right there's some movement in the trim (some at the bottom), but nothing at the top.

Can anyone give me more detail information on how to remove this piece?

Thanks.

Well, in the meanwhile I found out how to dismantle the upper air vent. The 4 clips should be disengaged in a very special way. Anyway, I did the trick.

Next thing however I didn't expect is that the whole vent unit is coming out, not just the vent trim (as all tutorials explain).

Because the unit is resisting a little after I pull it out for half an inch, I've put the thing back because I don't know what will happen if I'm pulling too hard. Perhaps air tubes or wiring will be disconnected if I use force to get the unit out.

Can anyone perhaps tell me something about this issue? Can I take out the complete air vent unit without destroying things or disconnecting wires and tubes, that I cannot reconnect again?

Thanks.

Hi

Those 4 clips on the air vent is very tricky!! im sure i broke two of them, however buddies at lexus service side helped me, and pulled it out.

dont worry, pull it straight out, ders no tubes or anything like that. jus a electrical wire to power the illuminated stuff on the vent which has plenty of wire even when u pull out.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links