Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Got Me Some Engine Hose And Wire Covers

found a set sorry pack off hose and wire covers in green(colour of my car) had seen some other kits £18.99 was going to get one but spotted this bargin for the same kit(£18.99) i got one for £2.20 bargin fitted some of the covers today but as usual the heavens opened up job stopped early!!but heres some pics.

before the covers

enginebayh.jpg

covers fitted(well some of them)

p0606091917.jpg

still got some to do but will have to do tomorrow as it started pee'n down.

also just ordered green tape to tidy things up a bit more.

cheers mate.

as asi says though it would be better if you could get the hose covers in a colour closer to your car.

still got some bits to do so will take a pic of it all finished.

cheers mate.

as asi says though it would be better if you could get the hose covers in a colour closer to your car.

still got some bits to do so will take a pic of it all finished.

For £2.20 I couldnt complain mate, I didn't get all mine done either might do some tomorrow now you remind me lol..

could you post a bigger pic of your bay up with the hoses on? going by the wee photo it looks nice!

could you post a bigger pic of your bay up with the hoses on? going by the wee photo it looks nice!

Sure mate as I said mines not done either, had a nightmare with the car been off the road since feb. But MOT monday fingers crossed so I can get back in the game & like my car again. This pic is a few months old, the idiots at the garage chipped sum of my blue covers so may need to spray it yet again, so annoyed when people just dont show respect for others cars.

IMG00065-20090422-1733.jpg

found a set sorry pack off hose and wire covers in green(colour of my car) had seen some other kits £18.99 was going to get one but spotted this bargin for the same kit(£18.99) i got one for £2.20 bargin fitted some of the covers today but as usual the heavens opened up job stopped early!!but heres some pics.

before the covers

enginebayh.jpg

p0606091917.jpg

No wonder they were only £2.20, can't really see the point and I'm sorry but the colour is awful!

Do they actually serve any useful purpose or they just for show?

what were they doing to your car?how'd they manage to chip the covers?looks nice though!!

Well the car was in for a few things to get it through the MOT, I've not looked after it well enough if I'm honest, services wise. Brakes where the biggest issues, so put on new front calipers & mintex disc/pads. Fingers crossed it gets through now, moneys been real tight so borrowed my dads/brothers cars for the last 3 months. Problems have come thick & fast recently in many areas for me, but hoping things are going to pick up. Nothing thats world ending yet, mainly money issues a few personal. But if it's back I shall come to Pod as I'm due an appearence at a meet :D

Now how they chipped things in the engine bay I have no idea? I told them to sort all the fluids as they not been touched for years :tomato: also they had to charge the Battery as it's not moved for months. So probably put the Battery charger on it an chipped the paint off, pfft I give up I dunno how he got it down to the original I had like 3 layers of primer, 3 of paint, 3 or laquer lol

before the covers

enginebayh.jpg

p0606091917.jpg

No wonder they were only £2.20, can't really see the point and I'm sorry but the colour is awful!

Do they actually serve any useful purpose or they just for show?

Mine are there just to bring colour to the engine bay if anything, there easy to clean as well :) It was looking very dull before I quite like them.

Chris, looks like one of you radiator brackets have gone walkies.

Indeed it has Tommy, I broke the head off the screw when I removed it so need to drill it out. It was old & very rusty..

Indeed it has Tommy, I broke the head off the screw when I removed it so need to drill it out. It was old & very rusty..

It'll cost you less than a tenner for a new one from Lexus/Toyota. Of course you could pick one up from a breaker's too, but then again that'll probably be quite rusty as well. I cleaned mine up a bit and repainted them when I fitted my radiator panel.

It'll cost you less than a tenner for a new one from Lexus/Toyota. Of course you could pick one up from a breaker's too, but then again that'll probably be quite rusty as well. I cleaned mine up a bit and repainted them when I fitted my radiator panel.

Sorry Steve I still have the bracket cleaned up & painted, just cant fit it as the screw is stuck in there...lol this pic is also like 3 months old ;)

got some more hoses covered tonight along with polishing the car.

sorry for the bad photos they were taken in the pitch black

p0906092230.jpg

the car all polished

p0906092242.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links