Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

More Bad Luck

Since I've owned this Lexus I have now had;

1. A blowout on the motorway, costing me £180 for a new tire.

2.A cracked alloy, a buckled alloy and a torn tire. To top that one off the wheels have been discontinued. Wasted a whole set of alloys.

3. Last month, I parked my car on a public road. Came back and found a dent on the front of my bonnet.

Bonnet_dent.jpg

4. A couple hours a go on my way home i get some C*$T in a renualt clio drive into the side of me. Damaged my car and worst of all he was drunk, he simply got out of his car looked at mine looked at his ignored me. Then just got back into his car and drove off.

Car_Damage.jpg

I've notified the police and they did not even bother to come to the scene. I was just told to go down to a police station and report it. I've beened told that the police will not bother to find this person tonight because it will not be worth it.

I did not get the other driver's details but i got his license plate.

I hope that this will be enough to catch the B%$£@&D.

Anyhow does anyone know what outcome is gonna be on a hit and run situation like this will be.

The police were not helpful as they said that it will be his word against mine, basically he could deny everything and say he stayed home all day.

I am angry and fed up. Too many things have happened to my car and now feel that it is not even worth owning a luxurious car like my lex. Feel to go back to My £50 Nova I bought last year.

:megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry: :megaangry:

Sheesh! That's the pits mate. :angry: :(

For what it's worth, someone reversed into my wife's rover in a car park and drove off. A witness saw them and left their contact details, along with the registration of the offending vehicle, on our windscreen.

We contacted the police and eventually it got sorted. It did, however, take over 2 months, before we had authorisation to get the car repaired. What we did was to claim on our insurance who agreed they would recredit our no claims bonus if the other insurers paid up, which they did.

Sorry to hear about all the trouble you are having and hope this is the end of it all.

Bad luck pal :angry:

I had somebody hit me in my girlfriends car last year and then drive off, I did not get any details, the police were a waste of time then too. I claimed from the M.I.B. for injury but they will not pay out for vehicle repairs I'm afraid.

Stick with the Lex mate, hope to see you around soon.

I'm gutted for yer mate - not the kind of stuff you want to happen! You're not the only one having bad luck - but you do seem to be havinig more than your fair share. I know it's no consolation, but last week, a mate of mine had a blow-out, left the road and totalled his 6 month old VW Passat. :o

But I digress. As for this business about the tw@t in a Renault Clio colliding with you. I would say the police are being very uncooperative. For one thing thing, I'm sure the law states something about it being an offence to not stop and provide your details at the scene of an accident, regardless of whether there are any injuries. That's the other thing, you could always say you got whiplash or something! At the very least, they should send someone round to his house! Chances are he may not have had the damage to his car repaired yet - and that's evidence!

Have you contacted Citizens Advice?

Sorry to hear of the bad news.

It's situations such as yours which give me absolutely NO respect for the police what-so-ever. It's a sad state of affairs that someone decent, who works hard for their car has to go through the grief of the police, let alone the ************************ who did it.

Hope it gets sorted soon !!!

Good luck :flowers:

Sorry to hear about your bad run mate. Sounds like a definite p1sser.

A work colleague of mine was hit up the back by someone a few months ago. Apparently the bloke got out, kick his car, said 'I knew that was going to happen', and drove off! My mate got his number plate and rang the police. They chased it up and it turned out the guy was driving uninsured. Anyway there is some common pot of money for unisured drivers (can't remember what it's called) and they paid out for the work to be done. In the end my mate had to testify in court about the guy hitting him and leaving the scene of an accident.

It was a lot of hassle but he didn't lose his no claims bonus.

I would demand that the police look into it. If they don't seem to want to play ball, just mention the phrase 'local newspaper' to them. :shifty:

there is the unisured loss bureau but dunno exactly what you can claim from that. A small % of all our premiums goes into this to pay out for non insured drivers etc.

Call insurance co. and ask them?

Sorry to hear about all your hassle though - it must be soooo depressing. Push police to follow up - bloody useless sometimes.

I really feel for you mate. My experience with the police is, well, tainted to say the least. Someone nicked my bike from inside an office building. Despite 8 security cameras capturing the bloke doing it, and people from within the building IDing the guy, the police had 'insufficent evidence'

I can also relate with the bad luck... Two weeks ago, after being thrown badly from my horse (nearly broke my back) some t*** drives into the back of me the following morning.

Not happy. Why don't you take it through the small claims court? Andd sue the CPS as well whilst you are at it!

I hope you have some luck in recouping your losses, but I suspect you'll have to find alternative means to relying on the police.

A couple of years ago someone ran into the back of my dad's car and drove off. He and one other person caught sight of the registration number and had the make, model of car and a description of the driver. Unfortunately the police couldn't (wouldn't?) help as again it would be the driver's word against 2 others. My dad even said he didn't want to pursue a prosecution, just wanted the guy's details to pass to the insurance company. The police couldn't oblige as this would be against the data protection act.

<_<

Bad luck.. Sorry to hear about it mate.. :(

Same thing happend to my mates Scooby STi, he only had it a week and some over dosed prick went in to the back of him.. worst thing was the guy had no insurance, his car was worth about £50, and the police said that he'll be lucky to get anything out of this guy anyway :arrrggg-matey:

In the end it cost a few £££ out of his own pocket to sort it out. Lifes a Dog sometimes :crybaby:

When a motorcycle hit my car and drove off without stopping the police wrote to the rider saying they were thinking of prosecuting him for failing to stop. No one was injured - there was just damage. I don't see why they couldn't do this for you too. Because of the letter he had to produce his insurance details to the police (eventually) who then passed them to my insurance company (eventually).

The legal assistance service provided by my insurance broker is now pursuing him. We go to the small claims court in June, a year after the accident.... :angry:

Sorry to hear of your bad news mate. Hope you get it sorted soon. I (kinda) know what you're going through :blink:

Well...2 weeks ago someone came out of a junction without looking and hit my Lex...and the worst thing was that he drove off. He has since been caught and he turned out to be a 16 year old kid with no insurance. The police said I shouldn't expect to get anything out of him. Not sure what will happen to him as the Police won't tell me.

So I've lost 2 years no claims bonus, £320 insurance excess and I'm currently having to drive a 1.25 Fiesta LX until my Lex gets repaired. Hoping to get it back from the repair shop on the day before Japfest <_<

What pi$$es me off is how can people with no insurance, or hit and run drivers get a way with it so easily....no fair :angry:

Asked my isurance compnay about claiming from M.I.B or whatever that insurance scheme is that pays out in cases similar to this and they told me that I would get nothing as my uninsured losses were less than £350 :angry:

Since I've owned this Lexus I have now had;

4. A couple hours a go on my way home i get some C*$T in a renualt clio drive into the side of me. Damaged my car and worst of all he was drunk, he simply got out of his car looked at mine looked at his ignored me. Then just got back into his car and drove off.

I've notified the police and they did not even bother to come to the scene. I was just told to go down to a police station and report it. I've beened told that the police will not bother to find this person tonight because it will not be worth it.

I did not get the other driver's details but i got his license plate.

I hope that this will be enough to catch the B%$£@&D.

Anyhow does anyone know what outcome is gonna be on a hit and run situation like this will be.

The police were not helpful as they said that it will be his word against mine, basically he could deny everything and say he stayed home all day.

That is real bad news mate. My mum was accused of going into the back of another in 2001 the police found no evidence on her car but had not seen the other. My mum was taken through the courts for charges including failing to stop at an accident. The courts threw it out due to no evidence. Now she is having to deal with a private prosecution.

I would definatly hassle the police the only reason they don't want to do anything is paper work. Complain and get your insurence company to complain too. Mind you things can only get better. Good luck

I claimed from the M.I.B.

and i thought the M.I.B was a pretend/made-up organisation in a popular movie..............

on a serious note sorry to hear that alex. bet if u would of given the guy a kicking the police would of been there.

Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck :(

Having had a number of no-fault accidents when I was a bit younger I learnt what to do .... depending on circumstances. Providing other driver stops and it's his / her fault take his reg. no. then try & find an independent witness. Write their ( 1 or more details down ), make sure you tell them about your injuries .... whiplash, aching back, headache, knees hurting etc. depending on what the impact was. Talk to other driver ..... take picture of position of both cars ( & get the other driver in one ( accidently ) ) ...... exchange details. If not your fault phone police and report details ..... especially details about drink ..... speed .... you being injured and if other driver has not provided nam, address and insurance details. Go home / work and write down all you can remember time, conditions, etc 7 draw a diagram of before & afyer positions of cars. Sit back and wait. Meanwhile keep account of out of pocket expenses and journeys.

I know it's a bit late for you ...... but this helped me a few times when police prosecuted the other driver and it speeds up settlement with insurance.

Hope your luck changes now mate.

COMMISERATIONS

I was always sure the police had a duty to invesigate a crime...............also paint samples from yours will match his.........which lends credence to your story........

However.........look at whats happened to Tony Martin........

May as well add my tuppence to this ...

1) Wonder if the other car was coincidentally reported stolen shortly after the smash ?

2) I'm glad i have max ncd and pay extra premium to protect it.

3) The law positively encourages driving without insurance.

Think about it ... Insurance paid every year - say 500 to 1000 quid.

Fine of maybe 100 to 200 quid ... IF you get caught !

And you don't pay it even when fined - or maybe 50pence a month.

You can see the attraction can't you ...

And on a more general note ...

Courts are places of LAW ... Justice just doesn't come into the equation :angry:

This is bad news.

In my first career I was in the police and a pimp's car ( he was running a prostitute around) was hit by a customs officer going on night duty. The customs officer did not stop and he was to blame for the accident.

The reg no was obtained I carried out a check and visited his home 5 miles outside Southampton. Being told he was on night duty at Southampton Docks I found the vehicle and took paint scrapings which I sent to the Forensice Science Lab. They were able to confirm that the paint smears on the offender's car bore paint of the same type i.e. red Hillman ,as the pimps. The Custom's officer proved very difficult to deal with but we finally got home with a conviction which ultimately helped the injured party.

The pimp told me that he was suprised that we took any interest and was told ' every complaint of hit and run' is treated the same.

How times have changed and I consider the current attitude of the police in dealing with injured parties to be diabolical and unacceptable. The problem is 'Who do you complain to'? The police complaints procedure needs overhauling.

Reading the messages ref legalities, yes, if owing to the presence of a vehicle on the road damage or injury is caused to another vehicle , animal or property the driver must stop and exchange details.

Failing to do so is an offence. The driver must give his particulars to anyone having reasonable grounds such as the owner of the damaged vehicle.

How do the police know that the vehicle is legit. i.e. it may be stolen, uninsured, no mot , no driving licence or the driver disqualified ??

Sorry to hear of your problems Alex. I thought I was unlucky. A couple of months ago I went off in black ice and damaged my front wing. Thankfully only cosmetic damage. Last saturday I was returning from my local dealer after driving the new RX300, when someone pulled out of a junction and rearranged my other front wing. Luckily again not too much damage, but a load of hassle. I've only had the car 6 months, and my last accident was some 15 years ago. Was thinking my car was jinxed. After reading about your situation, I think I can be thankful that I have come off relatively lightly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links