Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Induction Kits...do They Sound Good?

VAROOM

You do get a bit of sound from them matey, but depends on which one you go for?

Have you had a look at any yet?

I made my own in the end as i had the pipercross induction kit fitted to mine, but it got very hot and wasnt very good for getting cold air into the engine!

This is the pipercross one i had fitted=

lexenginecover001_edited.jpg

And this is the one i made up which cost around £40-£50 to make =

DSCF1494_edited.jpg

DSCF1491_edited.jpg

:D

i have the trust/greddy one - to be honest it doesnt really sound much different lower down in the revs, its a little bit roarier - excuse my analogy but you cant really hear it too well from inside the car due to how well the car is sound proofed. However once it hits 6k revs it does make a bit of a screamer noise which i love - its best going down a narrow street with houses each side or in a tunnel then you can really hear the grunt.

If you get an exhaust though you will loose the sound of the induction but it will add to the noise that the exhaust gives - the two work together pretty well...

I was thinking about buying the prolex one....

but your kit looks easy enough to make...i think i might give it a go :whistling:

what size diameter intake filter did you use?

im sure i could make up some pipework from stuff lying around my work lol.

will a cotton gauze filter make a better roar than a foam mushroom style?

Cheers.

I was thinking about buying the prolex one....

but your kit looks easy enough to make...i think i might give it a go :whistling:

what size diameter intake filter did you use?

im sure i could make up some pipework from stuff lying around my work lol.

will a cotton gauze filter make a better roar than a foam mushroom style?

Cheers.

Heres a little plan i drew before i made mine matey to give you an idea, most of the hoses used have an inside diameter of 63mm, just have to be carefull of the filter height due to it being close to the alternator and bonnet? but you can play with the length a bit to get it too fit right :)

The mushroom type filter will probably be to wide for this setup due to the height of them?

MyInductionKitpic-1.jpg

thats awesome dude...thanks for that!

ive got all the pipes/hoses i need.

just need to order a filter for the end of it now.

should i go for the cotton gauze or steel mesh filter?

which would sound better?

CHEERS. :driving:

Anytime matey :D

Never used the steel mesh type of filter so cant comment i'm afraid, but the cotton ones i've used seem pretty good :D Just remember to watch the width of the filter as it does come close to the bonnet and alternator, so you might have to make the middle pipe a bit shorter or longer to let you close the bonnet properly?

Never used the steel mesh type of filter so cant comment i'm afraid, but the cotton ones i've used seem pretty good :D Just remember to watch the width of the filter as it does come close to the bonnet and alternator, so you might have to make the middle pipe a bit shorter or longer to let you close the bonnet properly?

COOL,

Does your kit sound good?

do you think the prolex version with the long steel pipe will sound different?

Cheers

COOL,

Does your kit sound good?

do you think the prolex version with the long steel pipe will sound different?

Cheers

Not sure mate but pobably would do due to the length of the pipework? Mine sounds quite nice but my big exhaust drowns it out :lol:

The main reason i made mine was to cut down on the air temperature that the pipercrosss kit was getting to (240 degrees F) which is way too hot for induction, the one i made only went up to 98F so is a big improvement and helps the engine breath better :D

Just thought of something else you will need mate, And thats a small breather filter for the other side of the engine like THIS. :)

I have the Prolex induction fitted and it gives a nice suck and mild roar when you blip the throttle and over about 4.000 revs.......and as the filter sits near the front/grill you hear it quite clearly. The plus is of course that it's not routed over the engine and so takes in cooler air......I recommend it if you have the ££££.

DSC00586.jpg

DSC00595.jpg

Keith

i also have the pipercross induction kit,looks nice but as people point out the induction tube runs over the manifolds!!!not good :shutit: but it does sound and look good!

p0501091749.jpg

p1611081719.jpg

Hey,

i was still thinking about buying the prolex induction kit....so i phoned them yesterday just to see if they had any instock and decide whether to just buy it or make my own kit.

the guy said yes we have some and we have dropped the price to £160 delivered!

so i thought fuggit...and decided to buy one.

whats even better the guy wanted payed by paypal and when i logged into my paypal account i had £45 in it that i completely forgot about woohoo!

so as far as im concerned this kit just cost me £115 :lol:

ill post some pics and tell you what i think of it when i get it....hopefully this weekend!

Hey,

i was still thinking about buying the prolex induction kit....so i phoned them yesterday just to see if they had any instock and decide whether to just buy it or make my own kit.

the guy said yes we have some and we have dropped the price to £160 delivered!

so i thought fuggit...and decided to buy one.

whats even better the guy wanted payed by paypal and when i logged into my paypal account i had £45 in it that i completely forgot about woohoo!

so as far as im concerned this kit just cost me £115 :lol:

ill post some pics and tell you what i think of it when i get it....hopefully this weekend!

Sounds like you got a deal matey? wonder why he's dropped the price now? :unsure:

I was after one from prolex but Dave never got back to me again after we first spoke about it, so i made mine instead :D

Wouldnt mind getting some intake temperature reading on this kit to see how hot it gets to compare to the one i made?

hey,

i have a eobd reader which can read data/codes/etc.

will the intake show on this?

Yes mate, well it does on the one i have, mines an elm327 reader :unsure:

Be good if you could mate, but would need to do it on a run at usual speeds :D

I'm just curious on the difference in induction kits and what the intake temps get up to? As most of us know the cooler the air the better it is :D

Mines about the same as the oem setup at the moment around 35/37c but think i could make it cooler with a direct air intake/scoop :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links