Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Water In The Boot Area

GWilso

I've just had the tool kit out etc etc as I was checking the condition of the brake pads, Anyway I've found a small puddle of greenish presumably rain watter collecting in the boot around the offside rear bumper area???????

Its a bit worrying as its near the unit thingy for the sat nav,

I've seen some posts on this before but from what i can gather (correct me if I'm wrong) this should only really occur on older IS200s mine is an 05 and only out the Lexus showroom 3months ago

Can anyone tell me the cause? is it coming through the rear boot seal? or somehow spray coming through the wheel arches?

Presumably this can be fixed? and will be covered by warranty?

Thanks

Gordon

I've just had the tool kit out etc etc as I was checking the condition of the brake pads, Anyway I've found a small puddle of greenish presumably rain watter collecting in the boot around the offside rear bumper area???????

Its a bit worrying as its near the unit thingy for the sat nav,

I've seen some posts on this before but from what i can gather (correct me if I'm wrong) this should only really occur on older IS200s mine is an 05 and only out the Lexus showroom 3months ago

Can anyone tell me the cause? is it coming through the rear boot seal? or somehow spray coming through the wheel arches?

Presumably this can be fixed? and will be covered by warranty?

Thanks

Gordon

could also be comin through the seal for the rear lights.seen that a few times

I had something similar a while back. My nearside sump in the boot would fill with water after it rained or i washed the car. I checked the sunroof drain channels but they were clean as.

Turned out it was the flappy relief valve letting water in because the 'monkeys' that installed my parking sensors routed all the cables through it instead of doing a more professional installation! :tsktsk: idiots!

Anyway i took the bumper off and re-routed the cables but while i was there i cleaned up the valve and whacked a load of silicone grease round the mating surface before i installed it again to keep it water tight.

It's bone dry in the corners now and touch wood it'll stay that way.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links