Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Wheels And A Flying Lesson :-)

aztecbandit1

Had a mini meet today with Aido, And had the chance to see just how his Aristo goes after the work that he's had done :)

And got to say that car is a friggin missile :blink: Nice and smooth with a power delivery like a kick in the head, very impressed and looks and sounds fantastic :D great job matey :D

Anyway the reason for the meet was to pick up my new wheels :D

Couple of pics of our mini meet, B)

2009_0219snoopersapphireplus0008.jpg

2009_0219snoopersapphireplus0009.jpg

And the wheels when i started the clean up,

1st pic is before i started the cleaning after picking them up, the brake dust was burnt into the paint,

TTEWHEELBEFORECLEAN1.jpg

2nd and 3rd pic's are after i'd covered them in wheel cleaner/acid,

TTEWHEELACIDRINSE.jpg

TTEWHEELWITHLIGHTACID.jpg

After the cleaner has been rinsed off and given a good scrub,

TTEWHEELAFTERACIDCLEAN.jpg

before i gave them a coat of polish,

TTEWHEELAFTERCLEAN.jpg

after polishing,

TTEWHEELAFTERPOLISH1.jpg

And how the 4 TTE CHICANES look now :D

TTEWHELSX4.jpg

Took me about 3 hrs to clean them up, and think i did pretty good job? Always loved these wheels and very happy to get hold of a set at last :D

Just need to get hold of 3 more centre caps to finish them off and then get them on my Lex :D

Thanks Aido, you are a star mate :D

Good to see you mate :D

Did that one clean up with the acid then, thought it would be ok :) Amazing how that happened in a day when I'd killed the pad and not noticed what had happened!

They look ace mate, just too narrow for my car, got the car cleaned on the way home so it's clean again now, just need a few days so I can blitz this thing myself :D

By the way what polish is that mate?

Got some RimWax (so many jokes in that name) I got came through today which I'm going to try on these bad boys :D

Just used the auto glym ultra gloss on them mate, the one with the TTE centre badge was that wheel with the brake dust on and it came up great :D

After the cleaner had been on for a while they went a bit dull but the polish seemed to do the job :)

Good to see you mate and thanks for the spin in your motor, mine felt very slow on the way home :lol:

If you want a hand giving your motor a blitz mate give me a shout and i'll pop over and give you a hand :)

That was this afternoons job, it is actually cleanish now, it was clean but it frigging rained on my 5 mile journey home but the exhausts are shiny as are the wheels, if it's dry in the morning I have a plan of getting the wheels polished and then beginning the paint restoration process, I'm gonna need 3 days for that though as it takes me ages :D

I realised I filled up about 5 miles away from Toyota, and by the time I'd done 30 miles I was down a quarter of a tank already, you can guess how I was driving home :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the wheels on the motor mate, they're going to look good :D

That wheel was a mixture of metallic particles from the backs of the pads as I'd absolutely killed the back pad and hadn't realised it - I'd assumed it was bonded on but hadn't ever attacked it with the acid, that just goes to show how good that stuff is when it's required though :D When the pad was taken off a day or two after it had gone some of the backing pad was worn away!

I'd very nearly gone and got some brick cleaner to see what would happen :lol:

I realised I filled up about 5 miles away from Toyota, and by the time I'd done 30 miles I was down a quarter of a tank already, you can guess how I was driving home :lol:

Looking forward to seeing the wheels on the motor mate, they're going to look good :D

Did it use that much fuel then :whistling:

If you want a hand with the clean up mate give me a shout and i'll pop over to give you a hand :D

Cheers dude, just waiting for some sun, can see we're not gonna get enough, was thinking to myself when we were at Toyota how much more paint i've got to polish now :o

Might do that numberplate in the morning, looking forward to seeing how that one turns out :D

I think half the reason it was so bad was that I'd had the Battery off while I was swapping the front seats over so as not to upset the airbag computers, so the ECU has had to relearn, it's all good, hopefully won't need to be taking that off again anytime soon!

Cheers dude, just waiting for some sun, can see we're not gonna get enough, was thinking to myself when we were at Toyota how much more paint i've got to polish now :o

Might do that numberplate in the morning, looking forward to seeing how that one turns out :D

I think half the reason it was so bad was that I'd had the battery off while I was swapping the front seats over so as not to upset the airbag computers, so the ECU has had to relearn, it's all good, hopefully won't need to be taking that off again anytime soon!

:lol: coming down that slip road like a jet fighter might not of helped with the fuel though mate :lol:

For a pretty big car, i was well impressed with how it just takes off B)

I know and thinking about it the car was on the low boost setting, no power mode as the console was out and four turbos in the boot :lol: That probably didn't help as I was tinkering with the controller on the way back too - got my high setting done as well now, seems to drive ok but still not as aggressive as it was with the bleed valve fitted :lol:

Gonna be happy days when it's back to normal, back seats are going back in tomorrow, first time in about two months thinking about it!

Sounds like a fun meet! Those wheels are looking nice, came up really good with a bit of elbow grease. Try get hold of the Lexus centre caps if you can as I think they look a lot better than the TTE ones (if you agree with me of course!) :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links