Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus Hs250h Vs. Toyota Avensis

Sorry, but I could not find a better fit then this.

I hope you have noticed that there is a new dedicated hybrid lexus called H250h. I have been looking at IS for some time now and would really like to buy it (I am interested in 220d luxury) but what I would really like is hybrid. Now the thing is that GS/RX hybrids (which have almost the same pricing on my market) are almost double the price of IS and this are far too expensive and I was looking for something in the class of IS but hybrid.

HS250h is not (and will not be) sold in Europe, or at least not anytime soon - which is interesting since I think that there are plenty of people like me who would like to have luxury hybrid smaller then GS. Reasons for buying hybrid in IS class would not be mileage/fuel consumption, but high-tech/green car. So while I understand that HS would, on the surface, occupy same or similar space like IS it is actually a different car with potentialy different market. I currently drive diesel card and love its autonomy (where you can drive whole day while using single tank of diesel, something which is not possible in gas car); I have also driven IS220d and like it a lot (even after reading all about its engine and gearbox problems). But I also admire CVT gearbox which I have seen for the first time in Prius as well as absolute quietness while crusing on electric motor alone.

Now, few days back I have gone to see new Toyota Avensis and what struck me is that new HS and new Avensis are almost the same cars. If you disregard differences in tallight section and front of the car, they look (at least to me) almost identical and I am lead to belive that this is the same car. Can anyone confirm this (simply because avensis is made in UK while HS is made in Japan).

Also, does it mean that we will soon have Hybrid Avensis (which is also acceptable for me)?

I'm not sure of plans to bring Toyota hybrids to Europe, but the HS250h is essentially the next generation Toyota Prius with a Lexusified body - mechanically I believe it's the same as a Camry hybrid (which is available in the US)

I'm not sure of plans to bring Toyota hybrids to Europe, but the HS250h is essentially the next generation Toyota Prius with a Lexusified body - mechanically I believe it's the same as a Camry hybrid (which is available in the US)

I think that wheelbase is the same on new prius, avensis AND hs250h, when you look at hs250sides you can not mistake window arches and how driver side windows goes into area in front of the driver (usually driver window is limited to the door area which closes around pillar holding roof, but on both avensis and lexus hs it is different, although it is the same in prius)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links