Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Clunking When Parking

TommyH

u keep hitting the wheelie bin :D

no its sounds ike that minor common issue of pads moving in calipers, mine used to do it, i've either gotten used to it and just dont hear it anymore or it sorted itself out, I suspect i'm just used to it cos i've never reuqested it be remedied

The problem can be remidied by buying a set of clips from Lexus. The clips are there normally but tend to get thrown away by garages when changing pads. From memory its about £60 for all of them or they are about £6 each and there are 8 in total. My car is missing two - and i have the clips in my house but can't find them - it's driving me mad.

it is the pads making the noise, you will feel it through the s.wheel as its directly linked to the hubs of the front wheels and thus the brake calipers. if you have all of the 8 pad clips present along with the 2 spring clips that hold the pads in place, and also the brake shims on the back of the pads (one has a number of holes on it and the other one that covers this is complete) and the pads are not excessively worn, then you need to grease the pads with a thick grease. apply the grease to the square ends of the pads and to the outer pad where the caliper pulls the pad (this can be seen where the caliper marks the shim). the grease needed is a lexus/toyota part (dont have the part number atm sos) is white in colour and is similar to a thick pva gloop, you can try copper grease first if you wish if you cannot obtain any of the said grease.

it is the pads making the noise, you will feel it through the s.wheel as its directly linked to the hubs of the front wheels and thus the brake calipers. if you have all of the 8 pad clips present along with the 2 spring clips that hold the pads in place, and also the brake shims on the back of the pads (one has a number of holes on it and the other one that covers this is complete) and the pads are not excessively worn, then you need to grease the pads with a thick grease. apply the grease to the square ends of the pads and to the outer pad where the caliper pulls the pad (this can be seen where the caliper marks the shim). the grease needed is a lexus/toyota part (dont have the part number atm sos) is white in colour and is similar to a thick pva gloop, you can try copper grease first if you wish if you cannot obtain any of the said grease.

Thanks for the info mate, will have a look when i get some me time :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links