Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Headlights Love Or Hate?

Look very good indeed. Thinking about doing something similar myself looks much neater and pro like than sticking them on top of headlights etc.

The new TT has them fitted like this too.

Are they connected up as DRL's ready for 2011?

2011?

Well i didnt know:

Germany, France and others have encouraged or required daytime use of low-beam headlamps on certain roads at certain times of year, Ireland encourages and Bulgaria requires the use of low-beam headlights at all times during winter, Italy, Hungary and Romania require daytime running lamps outside populated areas, and Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania and Slovakia require the use of full or reduced voltage low-beam headlights at all times. Most EU states no longer significantly disagree over whether DRLs should be required, permitted, or prohibited; by member-state consensus, from 2011, ECE R48 will require DRLs conforming to ECE R87 (or full-time low-beam headlamps) on all new motor vehicles[3][4]. DRLs compliant with R87 emit white light of between 400 and 1200 candelas.[5]

This may help

Looks quite good.

(Sorry guys but I seem to have got lost on the forum in trying to post this picture. This post is found in the gallery section as well.)

*Thanks to all for the kind compliments and i apologiser for not replying sooner. I got some LED bulbs and electrical trunking (16x16mm). holes were drilled into the trunking to house the leds. the trunking and headlight inners were then painted with the same matt black high heat spray paint. I stuck the trunking to the headlight with double sided tape (the best quality one that looks like clear plastic).

*The leds are wired up through my relay that I had installed for my halos.

*One thing I noticed though is that they are too bright at 12v so i stepped the power supply to the leds down to 6v by simply running them through the cheap mobile phone chargers that you plug into your cigarette lighter socket. the circuitry is all done and its pretty cheap to replace.

*Yes they do operate as drl's.

*I liked the straight look although I did consider the curved appearance.The straight look is a bit different from the audi ones and the spacing between the leds on my car is less. I really didn't put much thought into it as i reached a point where I needed to get my car together again asap so I didn't experiment too much. Now that I've done it this far I have a better feel for any new potential improvements.

*I would welcome any suggestions.

*They do look great at night and i would love to post some more pics but can anyone tell me what the easiest way to post pics on this forum is?

Thanks again for all the replies I my compliments go out to the cars featured on this forum. You guys really do take pride in your rides.

Picture wise the easiest way I find is upload to somewhere like http://imageshack.us and then it gives you a load of links - I normally go to the bottom of that page and expand the one in red it tells you not to use :D

Then basically just copy and paste the link and put into img tags like so:

[img=http://imageshack.us/asdas231/picture.jpg]

That should do the job :)

The other way is to click the box along the top of the reply that says insert image and pop the URL into that :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links