Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Subwoofer Question (1991 Ls400)

hi guys,

i have had my 1991 LS400 for a few months, and finally got round to finding out why the subwoofer wasnt working very well.... i very quickly diagnosed the problem.... for some reason the last owner has totally removed the speaker.... thankfully he left the hole ;)

i did read an excerlant guide that explains how to fit an aftermarket subwoofer, however you need to use the metal mounting ring, and the connector from the original speaker.... which of course i dont have :(

any suggestions?? and as im in the UK can somebody recomend a reasonably priced subwoofer speaker i can buy here

cheers

Hi

Welcome to the club,

Best place is ebay, loads being broken, personally I'd fit the original one as it was designed for the system...

Pete

thanks for the welcome

i have already contacted a few of the eBay dudes who are breaking cars. Out of interest does anybody know if they used the same sub woofer in the mk2/mk3/mk4?

Hi Welcome to the LOC,

I think the series 2 is the same but not at all sure on the later versions as the amps were also different, the sub is 10" with an impedance of 2 Ohms ( this is critical).

If you can get an original it would be far less hassle than an after market replacement as they are hard to come by and the speaker is quite shallow so the magnet clears the mounting.

It may be worth temporarily connecting a speaker ( any will do for a few seconds) to see if the amplifier is working first if it is you will get low frequency sound but do not short the two leads whilst doing so.

If you PM Benfur he is breaking some LS400's and may have one, he has helped me a few times with bits and bobs.

Hi Welcome to the LOC,

I think the series 2 is the same but not at all sure on the later versions as the amps were also different, the sub is 10" with an impedance of 2 Ohms ( this is critical).

If you can get an original it would be far less hassle than an after market replacement as they are hard to come by and the speaker is quite shallow so the magnet clears the mounting.

yeah i was thinking an original was the better option.... and i think i found one (yay)

It may be worth temporarily connecting a speaker ( any will do for a few seconds) to see if the amplifier is working first if it is you will get low frequency sound but do not short the two leads whilst doing so.

If you PM Benfur he is breaking some LS400's and may have one, he has helped me a few times with bits and bobs.

oh cool, as i say, i think i found a subwoofer, but will certainly be looking for other parts in a few months..

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links