Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wind Noise And Other Query

LOcKY

Hi All,

well just been driving around in my IS200 for almost a month now and ive been trying to ignore this wind noise when im driving above 50mph and the faster i go the louder it gets. So i went to the Lexus Teesside and was about to ask them to check it out however they said it would cost £54 or something for a Engineer to check for faults.

Also they wouldnt accept the warranty company (Scotsure Warranty, Cover one Policy) that i got my Car from (Ayr Suburu S&S) so they told me that i would have to call them up and tell them if they would cover what ever the problem is, however how do i know what the problem is called without the engineer check in the first place:(

Also i notice theres a slight dent on the driver passenger side like the ones you see when idiots open the car door with the power of hulk and BAM dent it becomes. However i believe it was already there when i bought it. Ive been looking a lot closer at the pictures taken of the car and you can see a slight dent much you have to zoom in a lot! what are the chances that they would cover that or repair it?

mmmm what a day felt like i wasted 22miles of driving to Lexus Teesside :(

PS. Also i forgot to add the Boot light doesnt seem to be working either again something i only noticed after i bought the car GRrrrrr

I wouldn't imagine the warranty company would cover the ding as it's classed as wear and tear unfortunately!

They would repair it as they usually have a guy goes around once or twice a week doing a mobile service for dealers just removing dings but it will be subject to charge!

As for the wind noise, have you localised it to any particular area at all?

Could be anything - door seals, window seals, may even be the windscreen was replaced at some point in it's life?

As for the boot bulb, you should just be able to swap that out for another one?

how bad is this wind noise? as far a im aware lexus arn't quiet cars by a long shot and above 50mph you will definitely hear wind noise loud, unless you blare the stereo like me!

As for the dent, i'd try it but im sure they will say sold as seen so you should of spotted it before you bought the car.

The boot light, change the bulb first, if it still doesnt come on, then mention it

how bad is this wind noise? as far a im aware lexus arn't quiet cars by a long shot and above 50mph you will definitely hear wind noise loud, unless you blare the stereo like me!

As for the dent, i'd try it but im sure they will say sold as seen so you should of spotted it before you bought the car.

The boot light, change the bulb first, if it still doesnt come on, then mention it

Ding? hehe i'll remember that word :) ive isolated the wind noise to be at the front window area and how would i know if the windscreen was replaced? i would say i have to use music to drown the wind noise so lets take for example listening to Rage Against the Machine, i would have to notch it up to around 1/4 rotation on the volume to get rid of it.

As for the boot, im guessing the keys dont need to be in the ignition to have the lights on when the boot opens up right?

mine sounds windy by my window at high speeds and i have to turn Rage well up to drown it out on the motorway, more that 1/4 i reckon.

As far as i was aware the boot light would only come on if the lights were switched on, same as glove box.?

ok i tried turning the lights on in the car and then open the boot but no such luck just darkness in a empty space :( any ideas what sort of bulbs i should be looking at? or perhaps other alternatives like LEDs? and also where to buy them :)

As far as i was aware the boot light would only come on if the lights were switched on, same as glove box.?

This is not the case.

As soon as you open the boot the light will come on.

Same as when you open any door the interior lights come on.

And it is better with the LED bulb fitted :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links