Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

I Need Some Stereo Help

chokit

i am trying to help one of my friends put the standard stereo back into his RHD IS300, i beleive it is the 8 speaker version. the problem i have is he cut off then lost the connecters which went into the back of the stereo (he said he kept them but i bet he threw them away). We managed to get a copy of the wiring diagrams from a toyota dealership but there are more wirers in the car than on the diagram and the colours dont match (we have the 6, 8 and 9 speaker diagrams).

what i would like is some photos of the connecters showing which colour wire goes to which pin in the connecter.

the car is a uk spec eirly 2002 model.

thanks.

i have looooooooads of the connectors that go into the back of the stock headunit which you could use to reconnect the wires to and thus be back to normal.

Could send one to you for fiver, also have a look on my web here and download my manual for the nav bypass, you will pin/wire details and colour wiring diagrams, doesnt matter how many speakers you got as there is only L+/- and R+/- output from the headunit and no front or rear as the stock amp does that.

@ aztec, dont suppose you got a link for the LS wiring diagrams, namely the instrument cluster..s'all right just found them, although i really need for older than 2001..

I have my OEM head unit out at the moment, so I can easily look at my connector and tell you which wire is where. I have an 8-speaker system (IS200 Sport) too.

Are you looking at this diagram ? I can see 14 wires (not 13) on that diagram. The 15th wire is the green one for illumination in pin 2 on this diagram.

So that sounds like the 15 that you're after. Let me know if you still want me to look at my connector in my dash.

Edit - looking again, I take that back, looks like 12 wires on the first diagram with the 13th on that illumination diagram into the main connector, those other wires are on a different connector. My offer still stands of course.

ok I'm confused now. In a different section of the manual the wiring diagrams are different for later spec cars, e.g. the one here seems to apply to later model 8-speaker models. The pin-outs on there seem to be different to the earlier models, so I'm afraid it doesn't look like it'd be helpful for you to get the pin-outs from my (earlier, 1999) car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links