Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car Running Great Now

Was not pleased with the power the charger was putting out before, but when I first took it out for a test drive I did not have the rubber seal for the air intake.

My good friend Stav sorted me out with the seal I needed.

But all was still not great , was not sure if I was expecting to much. So I got in contact with Steve D the original owner of the charger, to come and have a look.

We went out for a test drive this afternoon and he said it was not as it should be.

Took it back to my garage and adjusted the rubber hoses and the clips.

Was loosing preasure from two of the hoses.

Went back out for another test drive and :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Cant get the smile of my face now.

So thanks again to all the guys who made this happen, Steve , Gord , Stav & Chris :D :D :D

Oh yes and Mrs Mole for letting me :lol: :lol:

Glad your happy mate, which pipes was it?

See thats your excuse to def get a boost gauge so you can keep tabs on it all.

Stav

It was the pipe on the drivers side at the bottom going into the intercooler and the one next to the induction kit filter

Will be going to get some silicon hoses to replace them :whistling:

Stav

It was the pipe on the drivers side at the bottom going into the intercooler and the one next to the induction kit filter

Chris did that side :lol: 1st Fooks your clocks now this :lol: Sack him :D

Good to see you all sorted mate :D

Stav

LOL Glad he's not one of TDi ay Gord.

Stav

LOL Glad he's not one of TDi ay Gord.

Chris did tell me he was not happy with the hoses.

But all is well now and very happy.

Glad your happy mate, now go get one of them filters i was on about: E-bay link (hope that link works hehe)

glad ur enjoying the s/c Mr Mole

are these oil filter breathers of any benefit???

what's the best way to check all the hoses on the pipework? mine feels responsive but not checked them for yonks and don;t wanna be losing power, lol. is there an easy way to check the connections and ensure they're tight enough kinda thing??

cheers

rob

what's the best way to check all the hoses on the pipework? mine feels responsive but not checked them for yonks and don;t wanna be losing power, lol. is there an easy way to check the connections and ensure they're tight enough kinda thing??

cheers

rob

Rob your has got some decent hoses fitted :D , which i think is a very good idea as the black oem ones are crap IMHO? but i would buy some decent hose clamps for them :winky: :D

cheers

rob

Rob your has got some decent hoses fitted :D , which i think is a very good idea as the black oem ones are crap IMHO? but i would buy some decent hose clamps for them :winky: :D

any pointers on where/what to get mate??

mine has blue samco hoses but actually has some of the standard hose kit as well as didn't have enough of one hose to do everything, lol..... but all thats on show is blue, lol :lol: :lol:

any pointers on where/what to get mate??

mine has blue samco hoses but actually has some of the standard hose kit as well as didn't have enough of one hose to do everything, lol..... but all thats on show is blue, lol :lol: :lol:

TDi have some hoses for the supercharger kit here. Don't know if you can get them elsewhere, e.g. whether Prolex can get hold of them ? Might be worth asking.

Glad your happy mate, now go get one of them filters i was on about: E-bay link (hope that link works hehe)

cheers

rob

I would say so because without it the top of the engine is wide open to contaminants like dust etc

cheers

rob

I would say so because without it the top of the engine is wide open to contaminants like dust etc

ahh ok matey, but only if running the induction kit though?? otherwise probably no benefit to be had??

i ony need a couple hoses, not the entire kit, lol, might just live with it :lol:

cheers

rob

ahh ok matey, but only if running the induction kit though?? otherwise probably no benefit to be had??

i ony need a couple hoses, not the entire kit, lol, might just live with it :lol:

Completely right mate, It depends on the induction kit really, its perfectly safe with the big black TTE airbox & some other induction kits that have a hose going straight over as the air will be filtered :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links