Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Potential New F1 Scoring

Parthiban

What do people think of this?

Medal Scoring

Personally I don't like it, I'd like them to bring back the old scoring method that gave winning more of a bias (1st place 10 points, 2nd place 6 points) but this purely win based system sounds silly as if you won 11 races in a 20 race season, you'd be champion regardless of what you did in the remaining races.

I wish they'd just stop meddling......... :angry:

i don't know ... it kinda sounds good to me, no more playing safe, have to go for it.... i think it's unlikely if a driver wins 11/20 races that they would sit back and do nothing, winners like to win...

should be interesting

i don't know ... it kinda sounds good to me, no more playing safe, have to go for it.... i think it's unlikely if a driver wins 11/20 races that they would sit back and do nothing, winners like to win...

should be interesting

Yep can't argue with the "have to win the race" logic, and I doubt they'd just settle back after winning enough races, but it takes away the opportunity to potentially erode a championship lead. I think it's been triggered by people being unimpressed with Lewis being able to win the title off the back of a very lacklustre performance, but that's how it works!

Having the older scoring system (10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1) means you still have to focus on winning more races (as there's too much of a points disparity from not winning) but still keeps the points system which makes more sense.

In my view, they never should have changed the points system in the first place, it rewards consistency rather than performance which leads to conservative drives.

If I'm completely honest, F1 was at it's best in the late 90s when qualifying was a one hour free for all and none of the other nonsense - that was all brought in because of the Schumacher era, now that he's gone it's time to get back to the good old days :)

Having the older scoring system (10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1) means you still have to focus on winning more races (as there's too much of a points disparity from not winning) but still keeps the points system which makes more sense.

In my view, they never should have changed the points system in the first place, it rewards consistency rather than performance which leads to conservative drives.

Agree 100%. I never understood why they changed this, and think going back to the old points system would be better, there's a bigger incentive to win then.

Motorbike scoring seems to work quite well too, and you get points for being further back in the field. 25 pts for a win, 20 for second, 15 for third and then a point less per place all the way down to 1 point. But then bikes, as a rule, have larger entry fields than F1.

There's pros and cons to all methods of doing it, same as for football tables etc. It's quite interesting to retrospectively apply different scoring methods after the end of the season, sometimes you get some quite big jumps up and down the table for a given team/driver.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links