Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Buying An Is200

azzer8

Hi,

One of my friends had an IS200 and I am looking to buy one now.

There are a few concerns, first one being how much MPG would I tend to get around town?

Second would be are they costly for parts etc?

Thanks for your advice, and would be gratefull if there is anything else I should look out for

its not the best car on mpg, i get around 21mpg but my rigth foot has lead in it..

parts aint cheap but the is200 is vgery relible, apart from servicing in a year and a half ive only ever changed 1 bulb and 1 coilpack...

i love this car, bites me in the arse for fuel, but its so smooth and looks so good, i could just drive it all the time.

i hope you make the right desicion mate ;) you wont regret it

Fuel economy isn't the car's strong point, as has been said, but it depends on how you drive. I typically get about 31mpg out of mine, but that tends to be a mixture of short and longer drives.

It's a buyers market at the moment, so decide what sort of spec you want, take a look at a few and drive some so you get an idea of how they feel, and wait till you find that feels really right.

The cam belt change interval says 100K miles/10 years in the service book, but Lexus changed that to 60K miles/6 years, so make sure that's been done depending on the mileage.

Also, make sure you get more than one key with the car, and at least one "master" key (which can be identified by the fact that when you put the key into the ignition, the flashing Security light on the dashboard extinguishes immediately, as opposed to coming on for a second when you insert it). Without master keys you can't programme any more keys for the car (e.g. if you lose your keys) without a *very* big bill.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links