Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Immoboliser

Doneh99

Hi everyone,

I just had my engine changed its a IS200, due to broken cam belt , what a mistake I did, I never knew until today that these engines are the no interferance type, too late for me any how.

But since then, I'm having problem with starting up the car, the immoboliser is playing games with me now, some times I have to activate & disactivate the locking system several times before I can get it started.

any suggestion as to how to get round my problem please.

I'm destperate its so frostrating, its not a get away car!!!!! if you know what I mean?

Thanks

Try reprogramming the key, and changing the battery? theres instructions on the site somewhere.

Also take the surround to the steering column off and check the plugs in properly.

Stav

Thanks Stav,

but I only have one key for the car the one with two button on it, and its not the master key with three buttons, can this key be programed?

Also any other sugesstions please.

Cheers

but I only have one key for the car the one with two button on it, and its not the master key with three buttons, can this key be programed?

As Wozza said, that doesn't sound good. If you don't have a master key then you're possibly looking at a new ECU (expensive) to get any more added. Might be worth trying to find an auto locksmith to give you a quote to see what they could do (will cost a fortune from a Lexus dealer).

Put your key into the ignition and watch the flashing security light on the dash as you do so. Does the light come on for a second when you put the key in and then go off, or does the light go off immediately as soon as you put the key in ? This is a sure way to tell whether it's a master or not, I believe, since sometimes you can find a two-button key that's been programmed as a master.

As Wozza said, that doesn't sound good. If you don't have a master key then you're possibly looking at a new ECU (expensive) to get any more added. Might be worth trying to find an auto locksmith to give you a quote to see what they could do (will cost a fortune from a Lexus dealer).

Put your key into the ignition and watch the flashing security light on the dash as you do so. Does the light come on for a second when you put the key in and then go off, or does the light go off immediately as soon as you put the key in ? This is a sure way to tell whether it's a master or not, I believe, since sometimes you can find a two-button key that's been programmed as a master.

Hi Steviewevie,

Thanks for your input, I tried the key, as soon as I put the key in, the light comes on for few seconds and goes off again, what type of key is this one then? waiting for your reply.

Thanks

I know it might sound silly, but have you tried re-setting the ECU ?

Won't cost anything, other than a minute of your time....

Make sure the ignition is turned off

Open the Bonnet

Remove the engine bay fuse box cover

Remove the 20Amp/25Amp EFI fuse

Remove the 15Amp ETCS fuse

Wait 30 seconds

Re-insert the two fuses

Install the fuse box cover

Close the Bonnet

Other than that I'm afraid its big bucks unles you can get a package from a breakers yard

including the ECU, Ignition Barrel (plus other locks would be good if possible)

So does the locking work fine, 100% reliably every time, and the alarm etc ? (e.g. alarm not going off by itself).

Is it just the immobiliser that's the problem, i.e. you can't start the car sometimes ?

Everything else is fine, locking, unlocking is good, alarm doesn't go off by it self, is just starting up is the problem

It might be a long shot, but is there any chance of you being able to get in contact with the previous owner(s) to see if they have any other keys knocking around ?

Definitely give the ECU reset a try though, as Wozza has suggested.

Thanks guys, but there is no chance of me getting hold of the previous owner. But for sure I'll give Wozza's suggestion a go & let you know as soon as I have done it,

thanks again, you guys have been really wonderful with your suggestions, that is a real help in my book, telling others what you know & what you think it might work well done to both of you guys.

It might be a long shot, but is there any chance of you being able to get in contact with the previous owner(s) to see if they have any other keys knocking around ?

Thanks guys, but there is no chance of me getting hold of the previous owner. But for sure I'll give Wozza's suggestion a go & let you know as soon as I have done it,

thanks again, you guys have been really wonderful with your suggestions, that is a real help in my book, telling others what you know & what you think it might work well done to both of you guys.

I tried what Wozza suggested & took both fuses out, it didn't work, & I really think it made it somewhat worse than it originaly was, becuase after this action it took much longer to get the car started, maybe it had nothing to do with taking the fuses out but defenatley took longer to start up the car.

I'm still open to suggestions please, anyone else with other ideas out there seeing this message please tell me?? Thanks a lot

Are you sure it is the immobiliser? As the alarm and everything is ok, I would be surprised if the immobiliser is the root cause.

Do you hear a click/ticking in the engine bay as you try and start?

What happens EXACTLY as you turn the key to start. (As much info as possible)

I tried what Wozza suggested & took both fuses out, it didn't work, & I really think it made it somewhat worse than it originaly was, becuase after this action it took much longer to get the car started, maybe it had nothing to do with taking the fuses out but defenatley took longer to start up the car.

I'm still open to suggestions please, anyone else with other ideas out there seeing this message please tell me?? Thanks a lot

If the car starts ? it nothing to do with your immobiliser & key, if your key has wrong program or no program, it would not start at all.

You just had new engine, take it back to who fitted it, as something might not be in the right plug/or pluged in at all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links