Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Dremel Accessories

Steviewevie

ok, here's another one of my "can't make a decision by myself" threads :lol:

I've recently bought a Dremel, following Aztecbandit's recommendation for it being useful for cleaning up things like the rusty radiator brackets under my bonnet.

I can see a mind-boggling array of accessories on Dremel's website. I've also seen various accessory kits, e.g. the polishing one here and the general one here

I'm a bit confused by all the choice :duh: . For example, the polishing kit has some brushes in, but I don't really know whether this type are going to be good for rust removal. I realise that the Dremel website has something to supposedly make it a bit easier to narrow the choices down, but it still gives various options for each type of use.

Do any Dremel owners out there have any particular recommendations for must-have accessories, particularly with regard to doing little bits and pieces on the Lex ?

I've been wondering this for a while as well. I want something for polishing my charger back up to its previous shine;

Any recommendatiojns anyone?

Stav

unless it has been previously polished, you need a 6" bench type polishing wheel

it would take for ever with a dremel !

still takes time with a wheel

No must-have accessories ?

ok, how about specifically for rust removal then ? I can see there are various types of carbon steel brushes, looks like the bigger wheel-type one would perhaps be one to go for ? There are stainless steel brushes too but I guess they're more expensive and perhaps not necessary ?

dremels are great things, but.... they have massive limitations...

unfortunately good old fashoned hard work is what is best... and a lot cheaper..

Cleaning up the brackets is best done with a bit of 400 grit wet and dry paper, then finished off with wire wool.. then primed and painted.

You would be there for weeks with a dremel for a finish that could be better achieved with some autosol and a rag and a finger! for the supercharger..

If you want a great finish, its gotta be a big power metal polisher if you want anything near a chrome like finish..

Dremels are primeraly for working on soft metals, or doing small intricate jobs..

They can make more work for you, and cost you more than doing it by hand

If you want a great finish, its gotta be a big power metal polisher if you want anything near a chrome like finish..

Dremels are primeraly for working on soft metals, or doing small intricate jobs..

Don't worry, I'm not about to try starting up a metal polishing business armed with a Dremel !

Anything that can save a bit of elbow grease is good news for me ! Will try it out and see how I go.

Don't worry, I'm not about to try starting up a metal polishing business armed with a Dremel !

Anything that can save a bit of elbow grease is good news for me ! Will try it out and see how I go.

Thats what im saying, the brush and wool will take about 3-5 mins... about 10+ with the dremel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links