Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Gents and ladies, I may be moving over to Switzerland for 3 to 6 months and my road tax is due soon. Could I possibly declare a sorn when my road tax runs out as I will be in Swiss? What is the insurance implications of driving in Switzerland?

i was in a similar situation, person i spoke to at dvla said if you are out of the country whlst tax runs out you "should" renew it but if you didnt then when u arrive back in the UK you woud straight away be driving illegaly because u had declared SORN.

for the insurance issue best check direct with the insurance copany - but be aware some will not insure u for extended periods of time out of the UK.

but when u get here give me a shout....

oh what time of year are u planning on being here? hope its in the summer unless ur planning on buying winter tyres or bringing some with u.

Many thanks for the info. Can't I buy the road tax online few weeks before I return to the UK and have it posted to me in the Schweiz? I currently work two days in Zurich and three days in London but will finally move for 3- 6 months in the Spring

official story from dvla is that even if the car is abroad it still needs to be taxed. I would have a good chat with your insurance company and get anything in writing, including the fact that they know you will be abroad with the car for an extended period of time.

if you are abroad when the tax runs out you can get do it online and then get someone to post it to you - its all on the dvla website.

assume u will be coming in via basel? absolutly avoid anywhere around zurich near rush time - it can easily take 1.5 hours to go thru the city ( there is no bypass!!!!!) but im sure u have sen this anyway as ur here every week.

banking or chemicals i assume?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links