Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Another What Phone Should I Get Thread.

Fargo

So currently on Vodaphone. quiet liking the buzz around the new blackberry.

Whats the opinion on the platforms on the phones mentioned..

ta

Edited by Bazza
offensive manner towards another member

I don't like Samsungs, but that's a personal thing....my brother's got an Omnia and he's pretty happy with it but I don't like it much.........

The Blackberry Storm is interesting, never had a Blackberry but I really want to have a play with one of these!

The HTC is probably the one I'd go for though as it looks pretty good :)

Oh Lordy... here we go.

<Sits back, gets top-up for G&T, and awaits the fun....> :mellow:

lol, wont be getting all geaky here mr mike, just getting opini0ns.

yes the blackberry does look interesting for sure. willhave to compare the specs of the two i think

If you deffo want a Touchscreen phone then I would got for the HTC Touch Diamond- its smaller then the Iphone, runs loads of Windows Mobile applications and the Touch3D Flo skin is lovely :)

The Iphone is also a good choice if you don't want alot of the features it is missing like MMS, Bluetooth audio streaming, video recording etc.

If you deffo want a Touchscreen phone then I would got for the HTC Touch Diamond- its smaller then the iphone, runs loads of Windows Mobile applications and the Touch3D Flo skin is lovely :)

The iphone is also a good choice if you don't want alot of the features it is missing like MMS, Bluetooth audio streaming, video recording etc.

ah yes i forgot the lack of the above features on the Iphone, i would be playing video and audio OTHER than itunes format, so a wondows enviroment would be more suited.

Mate I've got a jailbroken Iphone on Voda, works a treat, thing is you can get video recording software, playback software, pretty much anything they left out by default has been covered by someone in an app. A lot of stuff in the app store is gimicky, same in things like Installer and Cydia but some of it is excellent, like Cycorder which is the recording software, depends what you want to do at the end of the day.

I'm actually running Videolan/ VLC and MPlayer ports on here at the mo and they'll play allsorts of files so you're not in anyway limited to formats that play in iTunes. Not sure if you've ever used them on your PC but they'll play pretty much anything and knock Windows Media Player into a cocked hat.

I have to admit not being able to forward texts is a bummer but it's saved me a fortune as I'm not sending any dirty jokes out as that's all I ever used it for anyway being honest. MMS you can get an app for, SwirlyMMS, but to be honest I think MMS are crap and nowadays a lot of providers just sent you a plain text with a URL to login to so you can check out what someone has sent.

I've got a Windows Mobile device for work and hate the thing to be honest, not a fan of the stylus most use, didn't think I'd like the Iphone as much as I do but definitely the best purchase I ever made!

Mate I've got a jailbroken iPhone on Voda, works a treat, thing is you can get video recording software, playback software, pretty much anything they left out by default has been covered by someone in an app. A lot of stuff in the app store is gimicky, same in things like Installer and Cydia but some of it is excellent, like Cycorder which is the recording software, depends what you want to do at the end of the day.

I'm actually running Videolan/ VLC and MPlayer ports on here at the mo and they'll play allsorts of files so you're not in anyway limited to formats that play in iTunes. Not sure if you've ever used them on your PC but they'll play pretty much anything and knock Windows Media Player into a cocked hat.

I have to admit not being able to forward texts is a bummer but it's saved me a fortune as I'm not sending any dirty jokes out as that's all I ever used it for anyway being honest. MMS you can get an app for, SwirlyMMS, but to be honest I think MMS are crap and nowadays a lot of providers just sent you a plain text with a URL to login to so you can check out what someone has sent.

I've got a Windows Mobile device for work and hate the thing to be honest, not a fan of the stylus most use, didn't think I'd like the iPhone as much as I do but definitely the best purchase I ever made!

yer you not sending me any dirty text mate :lol: now i know why, dam i-phone

I don't think you can beat a jailbroken Iphone but to be honest, it's all down to personal preference.

I'd go to a shop and try them all-then make a decision.

Most have very similar functionality so really it's down to feel and ease of use (for you)

Does anyone know who makes the Storm? Only reason I ask is that the HTC Touch HD looks almost identical to it, so not sure if HTC builds the device and then RIM adds their software to it...........

Both are very tempting though :whistling:

X1?

Google G1?? (had a go on one and although a bit naff on the aesthetic side, its a great platform. uses googles own Android, and its very good).

now that sure on the blackberry's from apersonal point. and don't like the samsungs - although if i had to get a samsung it would either be the Renoir or the new Pixon that's out soon....

good points aido. yeh i use VLC on the PC as it plays everything, could you link me to some info on jailbreaking and apps for the iphone.

You just need QuickPwn or PwnageTool from that website to get the thing jailbroken, the first bit of software just jailbreaks and unlocks whereas the second one will let you put in custom logos etc.. PwnageTool will also install Cydia and Installer which is where all the software comes from, there's allsorts really, this gives you a quick list of some:

http://www.everythingicafe.com/forum/iphon...list-32728.html

The VLC port you have to install manually for now, but you can download it from your favourite site ;)

pretty much anything they left out by default has been covered by someone in an app

Is there a fix for the lack of A2DP? Or does it not have the hardware to support it?

Not really seen anything for that to be honest - think I read somewhere the hardware does support it - definitely in the newer models anyway, apple just never saw fit to write a complete Bluetooth stack so it's seriously limited!

pretty much anything they left out by default has been covered by someone in an app

Is there a fix for the lack of A2DP? Or does it not have the hardware to support it?

Not really seen anything for that to be honest - think I read somewhere the hardware does support it - definitely in the newer models anyway, apple just never saw fit to write a complete Bluetooth stack so it's seriously limited!

Cool, then there'll definitely be a fix soon (which will get me more interested in the iPhone)

I don't think it's that they didn't see fit, it's more that they don't have any of their own A2DP devices yet, and it's not like apple to promote using other manufacturers devices :whistling:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links