Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is200 Head Unit

I've posted before that my head unit seems to have a problem with the outer edge (later tracks) of CDs, because it starts skipping. I'm wondering whether it might be worth me trying to lubricate the arm which the CD lens travels on, to see if this helps - I'm guessing the lens is having a problem moving to the far end of its travel ?

This problem is happening on original CDs that used to play fine in my old car, it's not an issue with CD-Rs etc. I don't get any Error1/Error3, it just starts skipping on the later tracks.

So, can anyone out there who's taken theirs apart comment on how straightforward this might be ? e.g. if the sliding mechanism for the lens quite visible or is there lots to take apart before you get there ?

I've already tried a lens cleaning CD but this didn't make any difference.

I need to balance the risk of making it worse if I take it apart versus the current situation where at least most of the tracks play fine.

As Wozza says, I don't think dismantling an otherwise ok CD player is a good idea......... :unsure:

Have you tried copying the originals and then playing them? It could just be that some of the CDs are damaged at the edge.............

is a bit tricky to do but perfectly possible..... remve the play er and have a look at it... some people have said they have an access plate on the top some do not.

i wrote a small guide many years ago on how to open up the player - maybe u can find it.

I'd suggest copying your originals to CD-R's mate, as there is a good chance

you could do more damage than good.

I think I might not have explained properly. When I mentioned CD-Rs I meant it wasn't that only CD-Rs don't play properly and originals do, as some people have found in the past. I don't think that copying my CDs is going to make any difference.

As Wozza says, I don't think dismantling an otherwise ok CD player is a good idea......... :unsure:

Have you tried copying the originals and then playing them? It could just be that some of the CDs are damaged at the edge.............

Well it's not really ok though, it can't play the last few tracks on most of my CDs. On the ones it can, I'm wondering if they're shorter CDs so it doesn't need to go so far to the edge ?

I don't think it's damaged the CDs either. I put a CD in for the first time that I hadn't played in that player before, and again it started having problems at the end.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links