Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Sports Grille

TommyH

Well guys, ordered my Sports Grille today from Lexus Glasgow. They will deliver it to Arnold Clark in my home town of Greenock, which i didn't know they were associated with. Anyway cost me £48.08 in total, well chuffed, can't wait to get it fitted, should be here for Friday.

No doubt i will run into some kind of problem. Might aswell try moving my horns whilst i'm at it, so beware for lots of questions peeps :winky:

this Mod malarky is adictive :D

No doubt i will run into some kind of problem

Funny you should say that, I had a hell of a time fitting the sports grill actually!! What should be incredibly simple turns out not to be quite so simple.

The way you fit it is very simple, but there are three clips on the bumper which must go through slots on the grill. The middle one turned out to be very difficult on my car, it was back in summer and I ended up covered in sweat and cursing lots.

I don't know if there's an easy way round it, but I seem to remember brute force didn't really help :)

No doubt i will run into some kind of problem

Funny you should say that, I had a hell of a time fitting the sports grill actually!! What should be incredibly simple turns out not to be quite so simple.

The way you fit it is very simple, but there are three clips on the bumper which must go through slots on the grill. The middle one turned out to be very difficult on my car, it was back in summer and I ended up covered in sweat and cursing lots.

I don't know if there's an easy way round it, but I seem to remember brute force didn't really help :)

Doesn't sound good, with me being not very patient. Might just ask the guys at garage to fit it :whistling:

it is quite easy to do mate, if you struggle with getting the centre lower clip in, slide a spanner under the clip in the middle to lift it a little get the 2 outer clips in position and push it on then remove the spanner :) might take you a couple of attempts to do it but it will go on :)

Yeah, I'm sure you can do it yourself. Those clips can be a bit fiddly, but you can always ask for advice here if you got stuck. I'm pretty useless at this sort of thing, but I fitted my sports grille ok. And moving the horns is very easy, as per my walkthrough in the Workshop section.

Your walkthrough is the only reason i'm going to give it a try, you make is sound easy mate, no doubt i'll be needing you at some point, so dont go on holiday within the next week :winky:

Your walkthrough is the only reason i'm going to give it a try, you make is sound easy mate, no doubt i'll be needing you at some point, so dont go on holiday within the next week :winky:

I'm not going anywhere. But even if I was, there are plenty of other people here that can help you, don't worry ! :D

Like Y2Kanjar, I thought it was a pain when I installed the Sports Grille, but when I had to take it off again to move the horns, I thought it was dead easy !

I'm not going anywhere. But even if I was, there are plenty of other people here that can help you, don't worry ! :D

Like Y2Kanjar, I thought it was a pain when I installed the Sports Grille, but when I had to take it off again to move the horns, I thought it was dead easy !

yeh i'll probably be here if you get stuck with the horns matey as i did mine ages ago :D

Much appreciated guys, i'm soooo glad i joined LOC, i probably wouldn't be doing this kinda stuff to my car, but with guys like yourselves and other LOC members, you give out great advise and confidence, Thanks again.

Tommy

Much appreciated guys, i'm soooo glad i joined LOC, i probably wouldn't be doing this kinda stuff to my car, but with guys like yourselves and other LOC members, you give out great advise and confidence, Thanks again.

You're welcome, that's what LOC is here for ! :D

You sound a bit like me, I wouldn't have been doing something as "major" :lol: as fitting a Sport Grille to my car and moving the horns if I hadn't asked other members of LOC before advice before doing so. I've now gone into even more "advanced" stuff like changing the spark plugs myself :ohmy::lol:

I've had tons of help from lots of different people here, so if I can help a few other people in return then that's great !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links