Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

K & N Filter

TommyH

K&N pannel filter is really easy mod matey just straight swap, not really much advantage performance wise maybe gain 1or2 BHP maybe slightly better MPG does make the engine sound growlier IMHO but the main reason I fitted one is for £36ish they let alot more air into the engine which can only be a good thing. Defo re-set the ECU when done aswell.

Very easy to fit (2 mins). Makes a very slightly different engine note and slightly helps mpg IMHO. Yes, I think it's recommended to reset the ECU when you fit it to make it start learning about the improved engine breathing. Well worthwhile doing as a mod IMHO.
K&N pannel filter is really easy mod matey just straight swap, not really much advantage performance wise maybe gain 1or2 BHP maybe slightly better MPG does make the engine sound growlier IMHO but the main reason I fitted one is for £36ish they let alot more air into the engine which can only be a good thing. Defo re-set the ECU when done aswell.

Cheers guys, think i'll do it. I remember reading a couple of posts where one said to disconect the Battery to re-set the ECU and the other said take some fuses out, any ideas please.

Tommy

Another good reason (IMHO) to the K&N is that its a lifetime filter so no need to change it ever again just wash and re-oil so saves you buying a new filter every time it needs changing :)

To reset the ecu remove the ECTS and EFI fuse for around a minute then refit easier than playing with the battery :)

leave the battery removed for about 10-15min longer the better just to be sure lol

Mmmm conflicting advise lol, if i knew what and where the ECTS and EFI fuse i would go for this option, sound alot less messier than removing Battery, and me thinking it might mess up my radio

Mmmm conflicting advise lol, if i knew what and where the ECTS and EFI fuse i would go for this option, sound alot less messier than removing battery, and me thinking it might mess up my radio

They won't mess up your radio. Those fuses are in the under-bonnet fuse box, and are labelled in the inside of the lid.

Edit - sorry, just realised you probably meant that disconnecting the Battery would mess up your radio.

Hi guys, was thinking of fitting a K & N filter, but was wondering what difference do they make, advantages and disadvantages ? is this an easy mod and would i have to reset mt ECU thingy ?

Tommy

absolute waste of time and moneyfitted mine ,done round trip looe cornwall no differance but had fox tyre caps nicked in looe

Another good reason (IMHO) to the K&N is that its a lifetime filter so no need to change it ever again just wash and re-oil so saves you buying a new filter every time it needs changing :)

To reset the ecu remove the ECTS and EFI fuse for around a minute then refit easier than playing with the battery :)

This is very true, but if you replace the fuses in the wrong place you will get the engine management light come on in your dash.

As you know only to well Chris :whistling:

This is very true, but if you replace the fuses in the wrong place you will get the engine management light come on in your dash.

As you know only to well Chris :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

I was following advice on another thread about ERROR CODE 1 on the CD Player which said that removing the ECTS and EFI fuses for 1 minute might help. Well it didn't but it did make the car go a little better. Funny, I thought, until I read this thread about K&N filters and ECU re-boot. As mine has one, fitted ages ago, all is explained.

Just wondering, if the IS200 ECU doesn't appear dynamic, maybe doing the same re-boot after filling up with super-unleaded might prove beneficially. Anybody tried this?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links