Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New Toy For My Lex.

aztecbandit1

Brought myself a new toy for the Lex yesterday, Went over to the opening of the new CURRYS MEGASTORE in Birmingham,

And got myself a "Snooper Sapphire s270 plus" for half price at £74.99 instead of £150, they were even selling sat navs for £19.99, Toshiba HD 42" LCD TV's for £299.00, laptops for £139.00 and PS3's for £199.99 so thought i'd go and see if i could get a bargain :D

Been after one of these toys for a while now but didnt want to pay over the odds for it, as when they first came out a few months ago they were nearly £250 so thought at £74.99 it was a good buy :D

Tried it on the way home and have to say, I'm very impressed with the sat nav system and speed cam warning that its got, Never seen a sat nav re-route as fast as this! If you go off the set course its near enough instant in re-routing you, Not like the Lexus nav system that i've got used to, which takes forever to re-route if you go wrong and normally miss the turning again due to it being so slow? :ohmy:

The only thing that i think could be better on the unit is the Sat Nav speaker due to it not being very loud but the speed cam warnings are a lot louder and very good B)

So overall very impressed with it so far and for the price it very good, Now going to see if its possible to retrofit it into my Lex :D

Some of the specs :-

Provides advanced warning of :-

Speed Camera location

Gatso & Truvelo Cameras

Watchman

MCS (Multi Camera System) “The Daddy”

Speedcurb

SPECs average speed

Roadwork cameras

DS 2

Accident Hotspots

High Risk Zones

Mobile Laser

Mobile Safety Vans

Temporary Gatso

Truvelo Cameras

Congestion Charge Cameras

Digital Cameras

Schools

People driving Volvo's

Hot Chick's

Ultra-compact hand held design

Gloss black facia

MP3 Player

MP4 player

Photoviewer

2.7" full colour LCD touch display

Built-in SIRF III GPS antenna

Full post code search

Turn by turn voice instructions

Built-in rechargeable Battery

FREE pre-installed sat nav package

'One touch' Home & Office route planner

2D & 3D map views

A choice of different screen colours

Extensive list of Points of Interest

Compatible with 12V & 24V power supplies

Dimensions

H: 90mm

D: 16mm

W: 55mm

Processor (CPU) - Samsung 2440A 400Mhz

OS - Windows CE 5.0 Core Version

Memory - built in NAND Flash 256MB Samsung SLC

SDRAM - 64MB

Memory Card - T- Flash (Micro SD) Card 256MB (UK & Ireland)

T- Flash (Micro SD) Card 2GB (Western Europe)

GPS Receiver - SiRF Star lll

GPS Antenna - Embedded Patch Antenna

LCD Display - 2.7”, TFT QVGA (320 x 240) with touch panel

User Interface - Touch Screen

Speaker - 1W internal speaker

Wow, great price, sounds cool !

Yeh i'm very impressed with it mate and the price was great :D The holder and bits you get with it are very good quality too, very well made and not big like some of the sat navs around, its about the same size as a pack of playing cards and fits in your pocket :D

That is a very impressive price, I've got a snooper sapphire (just speed camera warnings) and I've been pretty happy with it (although I am considering a more permanent solution).

Have you got the CD based Lexus nav? I find my DVD based one is pretty much instant when it needs to re-route, but I'm impressed if the Snooper can do it that quick as well (as our TomTom takes forever to re-route)

That is a very impressive price, I've got a snooper sapphire (just speed camera warnings) and I've been pretty happy with it (although I am considering a more permanent solution).

Have you got the CD based Lexus nav? I find my DVD based one is pretty much instant when it needs to re-route, but I'm impressed if the Snooper can do it that quick as well (as our TomTom takes forever to re-route)

Yes mate mines the old cd based system, but this is so quick compared :D

got the snooper sapphire matey - this is the new incarnation!! sounds and looks great fella!!

i've just bought a sony bravia 37" LCD and now this deal comes along on the 42" :unsure: :shutit: way it always is i gues!! lol

Some of the things they were selling mate were really cheep but all branded things they had some 46" SHARP HD1080p lcd's going at £499, Snooper s370 UK/euro sat nav for £19.99 and the 80gb playstation 3's were flying out at £199 :) I was going to buy one of the KENWOOD in car cd/dvd players with fold out 7" screen as they were half price at £349 but my other half would have killed me :lol:

they still doing the sale mate?

i'm heading back to rugeley later......

how long is the sale on for, assuming it still is :whistling:

On all day today mate well till 5pm anyway :whistling: when i left yesterday they had just sold the last PS3 AND the £20 sat navs but not sure if they'll have some more in today? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links