Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Audio And Beeping

ok, somebody please tell me i can turn the beeping off when im reversing! i dont have parking sensors but its still beeping!! drives me crazy, i feel like im driving a lorry!!#

2nd, i just brought one of those grom audio things in another post. mines a 2001 is200 top loading cd. anyone tested this and can confirm its all good?

Why turn the beeping off?

this has been discussed before, and while yes it may be annoying while your reversing, its only inside the car so not like anyone else can hear. and two you'll thank it that one time your in traffic and you put it in reverse rather than first.

i cant hear mine with the strereo on but as stavs says its there to ensure you dont accidentaly select reverse..

i was thinking if adding in an LED to light up an R somewhere on the dash.. but haventy got round to it yet!!

i cant hear mine with the strereo on but as stavs says its there to ensure you dont accidentaly select reverse..

i was thinking if adding in an led to light up an R somewhere on the dash.. but haventy got round to it yet!!

I was thinkin just the same lol cant hear it when i have music on

I would mind turnin it off if possible either. Its so annoying

Fit parking sensors and then disable it - that way you'll still have warning you're in reverse (but a useful one now) and you'll get rid of the annoying reverse beep.

I can sort of understand it on the IS, but weirdly our Prius has the reverse beep too! Besides the fact that it's an auto selector, so you have to push it in the opposite direction to engage reverse over drive, it also has an R visible in the cluster and it has a reverse cam so that comes up on screen too!

That really is over-nannying if you ask me, but thankfully it is possible to switch it off :)

I used to think it was really annoying too. But then once I accidentally selected reverse without realising, and it saved me, so I'm quite happy about it now !

I've done that too recently after the short shift was fitted.

Went a bit too far over when aiming for 1st. Found going for 2nd then 1st did the trick.

Short shift regreased and settled down now so all ok.

TG

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links