Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Did First 'batch' Of Is200s Have Toyota Etched On The Glass?

japthree

I recall reading that the first year or batch of the ISs in the UK (maybe the world) had Toyota etched on the glass windows and windscreen and Lexus had to rectify the situation!

Is this true and has it happened to any other Lexus models or/and are there any other Toyota style *****-ups like having the Toyota logo on the steering wheel instead of the Lexus 'L' for instance?!?!

My 53 plated Lexus... has Toyota labelled on the engine....

not good when showing people the power plant

Whereabouts? Can't say I've seen that. Mine has a big Lexus badge on the top. I thought they've done quite a good job of covering up the Toyota badges/lettering under the bonnet. But it is there on the rear lights!

It's still a Lexus in my book though! There's more soundproofing and the interior is upgraded over the Altezza. Not meaning to knock the Altezza though, it makes up for it with that beams engine I'm sure.

Whereabouts? Can't say I've seen that. Mine has a big Lexus badge on the top. I thought they've done quite a good job of covering up the Toyota badges/lettering under the bonnet. But it is there on the rear lights!

It's still a Lexus in my book though! There's more soundproofing and the interior is upgraded over the Altezza. Not meaning to knock the Altezza though, it makes up for it with that beams engine I'm sure.

luckly.... I still got my IS200 until tomoz.... I'll take a pic and post it...

Mines a late 2000 and it has Lexus etched on the glass...but like other peeps have said there are lots of items on the car which are marked up as Toyota, such as rear lights, various bits in the engine bay etc, even got Toyota Motor Co-operation written in one of the manuals/booklets.

they had toyota etched on up until around 2000/2001

My Feb 2001 Reg has Lexus.

Anyone who knows about cars will be well aware you Lexus is a Toyota anyway.

Do the new shape is250's have lexus or toyota on them :question:

Isn't the IS250 one of the new "all Lexus" cars? So technically it should, and I'm sure all the bespoke components will, but I'm pretty sure if you took it apart you'd find switches and stuff that say Toyota on them...............

Btw, what's all the Red Bull stuff about? :blink:

Isn't the IS250 one of the new "all Lexus" cars? So technically it should, and I'm sure all the bespoke components will, but I'm pretty sure if you took it apart you'd find switches and stuff that say Toyota on them...............

Basic components (like switch gear and things) will always be pilfered from Toyota as not cost effective to make especially, when they are the same anyway.

I wandered what the Red Bull thing was about. I gather Gord likes to drink it, probably with Vodka. Though not sure why people are picking up on it.

The other week, i went out very early in the day (one of the lads was leaving) well i had drunk stella until it was coming out of my ears :D

Then one of the lads said try vodka with red bull, well i did and got very very drunk :o

Then the other sunday night i go out with my son, and sort of do the same :D on the way home Mr DJ Wozza rings me, had a chat for 30mins or so, gets home went to bed, gets up to be :sick: dont remember the 1st time, but was also :sick: about 3am, i remember that one :D

Then the next day i gets another call from Mr DJ Wozza, telling me what i had said the night before...........but i dont remember talking to Wozza for over 30mins and Wozza found this very funny :D

Thats about it really :D

the BAck of the lexus air filter has toyota stamped on it as do all the pannels in the car i think every part i have taken off 2 do some mod to has toyota on it somewhere lol

bit off topic i heard a rumour that all the lexus IS200 Sports originaly came with superchargers fitted but were removed before shipping is this true maybe monster mat can help .......

seems stupid if they did considering we all want or have them now lol

the BAck of the lexus air filter has toyota stamped on it as do all the pannels in the car i think every part i have taken off 2 do some mod to has toyota on it somewhere lol

bit off topic i heard a rumour that all the lexus IS200 Sports originaly came with superchargers fitted but were removed before shipping is this true maybe monster mat can help .......

Never herd that one before mate :D

Never herd that one before mate :D

Me neither, although there was a plan to introduce an IS200 Kompressor as an actual model (there was an article in Autocar about it) but then they decided not to do it. At least in Europe though it was a dealer fit option, no idea why that never made it over to the UK at all.............

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links