Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Insurance

Nilesh

Hi guys and gals.....

I'm picking up my new IS 250 sport tomorrow... B)

I was wondering what people were paying on insurance......? I had to pay a extra £18 on my current policy until the end of October.....

I have no points and eight NCB... what should I be paying?

Lowest quote is 433 from Privilege... I was paying £408 fully comp on my 53 plate IS200 LE

Some people are quoting upto £700 plus

what are you guys getting quoted?

I would have thought that you should be able to get a good/competitive quote with 8 years NCB and a clean licence, but you got to factor in other things which will influnce the renewal price/quote such as your age, mileage, voluntary excess, your profession, where you live/where the car will be kept at night/during the day etc.

Only thing I can suggest is to you use all the price comparision websites (confused.com etc) to get the best quote. Also try insurers such as Esure, who only take on people with 4+ years no claims bonus.

I paid £315 fully comp last year, clean licence and 5 yrs NCB protected- mind you I drive an IS200 not an IS250.

Oh, congrats on the new purchase.

Renewal due 16/10. Churchill sent renewal at £326 fully comp for me + wife. 5yrs NCD although she rear ended a poor Focus or Fiesta 2 yrs ago. Online quote was £263 with £150 vol. + £150 comp. excess so will probably renew online next week if no better quotes. Highest quote so far was over £1000 !!!

• 10 months later...
Lowest quote is 433 from Privilege... I was paying £408 fully comp on my 53 plate IS200 LE

You pay for what you get.

Some T*** crashed into the back of me.

I claimed and Privilege failed to sue the T***. Instead I found the T***s insurance company was claiming against me. Initially, they didn't even give me a claim form. They gave me BS about not being able to find a lawyer. Then I was told I had the right to choose a court. Then I found the court was 200 freakin' miles away and that I'd been refused the court in the town I'd asked for. To this day, I still don't know what the verdict was, but I had to pay my xs. It's obvious they had no intention of even bothering to do the work they'd been paid for.

Privilege, Churchill, Direct Line et al. are part of Royal Bank of Scotland which is now in the crapper.

Fred the Shred is a piece of S***!

Privilege would you buy anything from a B list actor with a posh voice reduced to doing TV ads?

Churchill would you buy insurance off your own dog?

Direct Line would you buy insurance off a red animated telephone who has a mouse as a sidekick? Especially when they don't list on price comparison sites.

Talking of price comparison sites I have used these before and got quotes from various companies. After you have done this check the same qoute on line direct with the insurer I found there it was lower direct, obviously the difference being the referal costs of the comparison site.

I made a rather large claim a few years ago with Privilege and they didn't cause much trouble.......all got sorted quite painlessly :)

Having said that I've noticed they've got considerably more expensive recently as they couldn't get anywhere near the price I've been paying with Admiral for the last few years.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links