Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Removing Headlights

Hi Guys, looking around the workshop to see if I could change the lights myself, I came across this post from IS340Supracharged:

Note:All users are required to read the Workshop Disclamer.

If you want to take apart your headlights,to either paint them or remove the orange indicator bar here is how..........

front lights dismantleing

removal of light,undo the 2 screws on the top,there is also 2 screws behind the indicator 10mm,you can acces these through the arch liner,the left side is harder cos of the washer bottle(deep 10mm)

dont forget to disconnect the cables........1 main,1 side,1 indicator and high beam,they are a press release(press at the tail of the plug)

when you come to remove the light,there is a plastic clip at the bottom,use a flat point to push the prongs down,and be a little brutal pulling it out!!!!!!

ok,the lights out...........

This doesn't mention removing the front bumper?? so which one is right?

Thanks

Ian.

I think your mean't to remove the bumper. However, I took my lights out without doing this, but be prepaired to take some skin off yer hands when accessing the nut through the inner wing (washer bottle side is a nightmare !)

when you come to remove the light,there is a plastic clip at the bottom,use a flat point to push the prongs down,and be a little brutal pulling it out!!!!!!

wasnt the clips are at the front, which mean you have to take the bumper off? i see the pic from IS300.net about how to change the headlight, and it show the clips at the front, so who right?

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/monetaryfund/ls....src=ph&.view=t

wasnt the clips are at the front, which mean you have to take the bumper off? i see the pic from IS300.net about how to change the headlight, and it show the clips at the front, so who right?

Nope, As I said, I took mine out without taking the bumper off...

Go on Maz, giv'it a go......... :whistling:

Are you going to take out the orange reflector before you fit them. They look much better. :question:

C'mon mate... I'm too terrified to try and remove the bumper on my car.. never mind taking the headlights apart!!

Okay I'm a wuss... :whistling: but I'd rather not mess up my car :D

Are you going to take out the orange reflector before you fit them. They look much better. :question:

C'mon mate... I'm too terrified to try and remove the bumper on my car.. never mind taking the headlights apart!!

Okay I'm a wuss... :whistling: but I'd rather not mess up my car :D

Fair comment... :backofnet:

Ian - I thought you were going to take them to Sarah's place to get them done :)

Well, the decsion I reached was.....

If my local dealer won't fit them (and if I can get the matching rears in time... hopefully they'll fit all 4 :D )

Then I was going to look and if I couldn't face it (and lets be honest here :crybaby: ) then I'd go to Sarah's garage, cos she has a mate who will probably do them for me...

Ian.

Well... a few options at least...

... if worst comes to worst... maybe we can do it as a demonstration at JapFest :D

Only joking ;)

What...You want one or you've got one to fit ?

Don't tell me you can't fit that either !!!! :duh:

I think i can do the Rear light unit, but the front one look like hard work (for me a Mokey brains, i dont want to mess the car up), Lol :P i can alway get the body shop to fit it when they get my new body kit from Japan, but atm i still not sure if those Black Chrome light (front/rear) look good with my IS color (this have to wait and see, since it goin to be Rage painted anyway, ) :D :D :D

Maz=Tony=not too good at fitting thing to car

rear light unit is very easy....

open boot

at the inner edge of the light theres 2 black discs

pop off discs

undo 2 screws

pull out light unit

undo wiring

voila

its best to remove the front bumper to do the headlights.......i assumed people would know this.

bumper removal is easy

undo small X head screw in centre of grill

remove x4 clips in grill(either end at the top)

undo about x10 screws from under the front of the bumper(bumper to belly pan)

undo x2 screws in wheel arch.....at point of the end of the bumper and arch (10mm)

on removing.....pull, you need to disconnect the fog light wires, and your headlight washer pipe

replacement is reversal of above, but you must make sure you get x4 small black pegs lined up on refitting, you will see these in the bttom edge of the wing where the bumper fits

no responsability is taken if you screw things up, from either myself or the club

(this instruction is purly from memory, but ive done it a 100 times so should be pretty accurate)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links