Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Trd Front Lip

Lillis

Hi there!

I have just got my new TRD front lip home from the paintshop. I'm a bit confused by how to install it. Is it easier to unmount the whole front bumber and drill the holes, or try and fit it directly on the bumper on the car? Also, what should I do with the rubber string that I got?

Cheers

Lillis

Hi there!

I have just got my new TRD front lip home from the paintshop. I'm a bit confused by how to install it. Is it easier to unmount the whole front bumber and drill the holes, or try and fit it directly on the bumper on the car? Also, what should I do with the rubber string that I got?

Cheers

Lillis

Good evening my fellow Swede,

I suppose you have already seen my pictures of the TRD skirt mounting; http://www.euro10k.com/lexusownersclub/php...hp?p=7263#p7263

I'm not entirely sure what the rubber sealing does but i guess it's there to prevent rattling.

Cheers and god kväll

Patrik

Yes, I've seen it but I can't understand how you drilled the two holes on the side under the bumper. The front lip I've got needs the two outer holes drilled from above and out. I can't make them unless I take the whole bumper off the car. On your pics it looks like you never took the bumper off though.

You shoudlnt need to take off the front bumper - i didnt, just ask a friend or two to hold the skirt in place, use a marker pen to mark the holes, drop the skirt again then drill the holes :)

theres a screw behind the arch liner at the top corner of the bumper on each side.

then the ones attached to the undertray, the grill clips, and two brackets at the bottom as well.

Thats them all.

Think I've got them all except the screw behind the arch liner on each side. How do I get to them? Are they inside they wheelhouse? The undercover goes up there and I can't see much. Sorry, I'm not very used to working with cars :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links