Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Removing Lower Plastic Door Panels

I'm having some problems removing the lower plastic door panels on my '98 LS400. I have removed all visible nuts and I'm not sure if the remainder of the fixtures are clips or there are additional nuts on the inside of the door.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks. B)

Thanks for the reply. I'm just a tad worried I'm going to break something and not be able to get them back on!

Has anyone had to do this before and could explain it? If so, that would be great. :blush:

These panels are also held on with adhesive pads mounted in a vertical plane at the fore and aft edges of the doors, and need to be gently prised away from the door. Somewhere I do have some diagrams and instructions for this procedure. If you send me a pm with your email adress, then I will look the necessary info out and send it to you.

Regards

Alan

With thanks to alanr for these step by step guides on how to remove the panels, to get the sticky tape off you can use detal floss (the tape type is better) or fishing line, see-saw it behind the panel and it cuts through the tape and doesn't cause any damage to the paint. WD40 or petrol will remove the sticky stuff left.

Pete

P.s. the words missing in 2c and 3c below are "a knife" use the method above though, it works better.

scan0006.jpg

scan0007.jpg

scan0009.jpg

Haylands this is great, thanks a lot.

Do you have the same for removal of front bumper at all? or am I just being greedy?

Hi

Alanr has the disc with this on, he sent them to me and I put them on....

They are from the CD's being sold on eBay, they are only a few quid and have all the info you will need and then some....

Pete

Do you have the same for removal of front bumper at all? or am I just being greedy?

You're not being greedy at all, although finding you the information is not quite as straightforward as it seems. I probably do have the info that you are looking for, but it will be somewhere in a collection of several thousand pdf files that I downloaded from the forum 2 or 3 years ago. My recollection is that the files originated from the USA Toyota Tech Info site, where you can buy a 24 hour membership and download all that you want for any model of Toyota/Lexus.

The principle problems are twofold - firstly, I have no index, and none of the files are labelled, unless I have renamed them myself because they were of some interest to me. This means that it is like looking for a needle in the proverbial haystack. Secondly, at the moment I haven't the faintest idea how to include attachments when writing a post on the forum. I suppose I really ought to find out how to do this - it can't exactly be rocket science. At least all this information can then be recycled through the forum.

Before anybody asks, all the files refer to a Series 4 only, (1998-2000) and are for cars destined for the USA market. This means that there may be minor differences to UK cars. Also, I know that I don't have a complete set of files - some bits and pieces are missing. However, what I have is available for all forum users.

I'm just on my way to Norfolk for a few days, so all this will have to wait until I get back and find a bit of time to look through the files. As Haylands says, you can always buy a CD on eBay if you are desperate.

Regards

Alan

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks, what a gent!

At long last I seem to have managed to work out how to post an image on the forum - or at least I think I have. I seem to be a bit steam powered in this modern world.

I can only find one diagram relating to the front bumper, with no dismantling or assembly instructions at all. The diagram is fairly clear, and hopefully this will suffice.

LS400FrontBumper.jpg

Regards,

Alan

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links