Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Boot Leds

Parthiban

After removing my boot LEDs months ago following the fire incident, I finally got some in line fuseholders and fuses from Maplin to go in over the weekend and finally get it all back up but having got them I have no idea what to do with them!

Has anyone used these fuseholders before?

pc78k.jpg

All the bits below came with it, but not really sure where to attach the wires...........are you just supposed to stick the wires into the two silver bits and crush down with pliers?

334624413.jpg

yes matey push the wires into the small silver pieces and crimp them with pliers or something similer but fit the wires through the plastic holder and the springs before you do to make it easier to fit them back together :D

Ahh, cheers mate, I can't believe I had it right, it just seemed ridiculous in my head! Cheers for the tip, knowing me I'd have crimped it first and then wondered how to get the wire into the holder :blush:

Your best5 soldering them in,

Put the wire in the end then fill it with solder.

Stav

Oh cheers mate, will do that then, also gives me a chance to play about with solder again which is always fun :unsure: :D

Fire incident ? :unsure:

Just want to make sure I'm not missing something that I should know about, ta.

Yes sorry wasn't clear, I'm sure it's not a huge problem, but after that incident I thought it better safe than sorry so removed the LED strips I had put in my boot and went back to the original bulb until I got time to fuse it up.............several months later, here we are! :)

Ok it's all in now :)

Not the best pics in the world (as they were taken on my phone last night at about 2am) but if you ever wondered what an IS200 boot would look like when illuminated by 96 LEDs, then here's your answer :whistling:

335015596.jpg

335015628.jpg

Ok it's all in now :)

Not the best pics in the world (as they were taken on my phone last night at about 2am) but if you ever wondered what an IS200 boot would look like when illuminated by 96 LEDs, then here's your answer :whistling:

335015596.jpg

335015628.jpg

ahhh, so thats what the four hook things in the boot are for!!!

ahhh, so thats what the four hook things in the boot are for!!!

Yep, and one of the most useful things you can possibly have! The Lex was the first car that we got one for, and now we have luggage nets in all our cars because they're so useful to make sure things don't fly around the boot :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links