Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thanks Mr Bones For Wim'ing My Ride

Chris.S

Made a visit to Tony and the guys at WIM this morning to have my car checked.

Got there around 10.30 am and Tony jumped straight into action and got my car setup on the ramp.

Now i thought my car handled pretty well but there was a concern i had that the car before i had it, had all its tyres replaced at 18,000 miles

Tony got checking and found a few settings to be out, the worst was the drivers side rear and it surprised med how much the car was out and id driven 10,000 miles since buying it and not noticed.

Anyway after a few adjustments here and there Tony said it was good to go, he mentioned that by setting all the cambers correctly it did knock out the castor on the front slightly and it may cause the car to pull slightly to the left.

So after paying up i set off on the journey home, the 1st thing i noticed was the car seemed to glided round corners and and roundabouts. The car before seemed to bounce round corners etc.

I checked to see if the car pulled which it did ever so slightly but that down to the camber of the road and once on the motorway it drove as straight as a dai

So Mr Bones and everyone at Wheels In Motion

Thanks for WIM'ing my ride

NewImage1.jpg

NewImage2-2.jpg

I'm really pleased she is driving well Chris, i really hate it when i cannot adjust an angle but i'm my worst enemy by over analyzing things....... or am i :duh:

Anyhoo you have the handling back now that's the main thing..... Love the color by the way as you know, yours is only the second red IS i've seen in 100's i have calibrated.

she drives great, always found it to be slightly unsteady at high speed but it seemed fine on the way home

Was this before being WIM'd?

Suspension does seem to get a bit too soft at high speeds on my car too. Hopefully the WIM treatment will sort it. Getting close to being able to get it done now...

she drives great, always found it to be slightly unsteady at high speed but it seemed fine on the way home

Was this before being WIM'd?

Suspension does seem to get a bit too soft at high speeds on my car too. Hopefully the WIM treatment will sort it. Getting close to being able to get it done now...

I can answer that.

The Geometry calibration on the IS moves the vertical lean of the wheel and the fore/aft position, effectively the migration of the wheels radii on compression changes as the un-sprung chassis and sprung chassis compresses "on bump".

What we have is a more effective relationship between the coil/oil and the tyres contact patch, many members have commented on how much better the brakes work after a calibration..... fact is the brakes are the same it's the tyres contact patch and how efficient it is that's changed.

I didnt notice any difference in brakes, mind you im not heavy on brakes i tend to you engine braking more

brake pads are cheaper than gearboxes :whistling: , but I presume you use a combination of both if you need to stop in a hurry?

of course i tend to use a combination when slowing from high speed and at low speeds o coast upto to junctions and lights unlike some people who tend stamp on the brakes all the time, i try to drive as economically as possible at the moment

and engine breaking doesnt damage gearboxes that much, my uncle always does it and he's been driving for 40 years and never had a gearbox fail on him

Blimey my stickers are going nationwide :)

my sticker rides around the midlands tony :winky:

but went to newcastle on tyne at weekend so it was up there as well :winky:

all best neil

Your a star..... do i owe you any money :) .... Funnily enough i had some images of cars at the ring with wim decal on them, nothing amazing about that other than one of them was a DB9 B)

Blimey my stickers are going nationwide :)

my sticker rides around the midlands tony :winky:

but went to newcastle on tyne at weekend so it was up there as well :winky:

all best neil

Your a star..... do i owe you any money :) .... Funnily enough i had some images of cars at the ring with wim decal on them, nothing amazing about that other than one of them was a DB9 B)

MMMmmm DB9 :wub:

Just want to second these words of appreciation. Tony and his team accommodated me at very short notice earlier today and put my steering right (had been aligned twice more locally but steering wheel was slightly off-centre...no longer the case :), thanks

Just want to second these words of appreciation. Tony and his team accommodated me at very short notice earlier today and put my steering right (had been aligned twice more locally but steering wheel was slightly off-centre...no longer the case :), thanks

Thank you.... It's good to read the team maintaining standards in my absence...... I'm off sick at the mo :sick:

Thank you.... It's good to read the team maintaining standards in my absence...... I'm off sick at the mo :sick:

you actually take sick leave,i thought you were a workaholic :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links