Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is 200 Phone

dave1

Has anyone got an IS 200 circa 2000 to 2003 with a factory fitted Motorola car phone. Apparently the system in my GS is a factory fit which was used mainly on the IS 200 although very few were ordered with it because it was so expensive. I would like to find which Motorola phone it used and whether the unit can be adapted if the original phone< a very small,lightweight flip-phone apparently> is unobtainable. Any info at all would be very welcome.

Regards Dave

Has anyone got an IS 200 circa 2000 to 2003 with a factory fitted Motorola car phone. Apparently the system in my GS is a factory fit which was used mainly on the IS 200 although very few were ordered with it because it was so expensive. I would like to find which Motorola phone it used and whether the unit can be adapted if the original phone< a very small,lightweight flip-phone apparently> is unobtainable. Any info at all would be very welcome.

Regards Dave

sounds like a Razor to me

I didn't even know there was a proper kit when I bought my IS, interesting to know.

I don't remember the pics that you put in the other thread completely, but I think it looked like a V50 cradle (basically for one of these)

px099110.gif

No offense to Motorola but 99% of their handsets have been hideous and very unreliable....

Only one I had problem with was the RAZR when it came out. sent it back after 3 weeks. All I want is info on the phone used and the system fitted as it seems daft to have a factory wired system sitting idle if there is a chance I can get the info to use it.

I didn't even know there was a proper kit when I bought my IS, interesting to know.

I don't remember the pics that you put in the other thread completely, but I think it looked like a V50 cradle (basically for one of these)

px099110.gif

I've got 1 of those here :lol:

That may be the one. The ones supplied on the few IS 200 that had it fitted were apparently silver flips with a lexus logo. Very simple phones by todays standards and very light. What model is it ?

px099110.gif

I've got 1 of those here :lol:

That may be the one. The ones supplied on the few IS 200 that had it fitted were apparently silver flips with a lexus logo. Very simple phones by todays standards and very light. What model is it ?

It is the V50, i've still got the motorola leather cases for it too, will have to try and dig it out and have look to see if it still works i've just found the charger for it funny enough :) BMW used it in one of there kits too,,

It is the V50, i've still got the motorola leather cases for it too, will have to try and dig it out and have look to see if it still works i've just found the charger for it funny enough :) BMW used it in one of there kits too,,

Is there any way to find out if that the one though. Do you know if they are still available.

No offense to Motorola but 99% of their handsets have been hideous and very unreliable....

Only one I had problem with was the RAZR when it came out. sent it back after 3 weeks. All I want is info on the phone used and the system fitted as it seems daft to have a factory wired system sitting idle if there is a chance I can get the info to use it.

Only speaking from 6 years of experience :blush:

You'd surely be able to pick up a used one somewhere, I'd be surprised if you'd find a new one as it's a pretty old handset, I had one 7-8 years ago!

It's got to be that one though, it's the only one that has that shape and that connector..........although the V3688 and V3690 would also work as they were essentially the same phone (but even older). I think even I've got two leather cases here somewhere! :lol:

Just found this Dave , Chris.S sold a kit a while back and it was a Motorola V50 CLICK ME :-)

:D

Seems probable that the V50 was what Lexus used then. I'm not bothered about getting a phone with Lexus on it, more getting one that will work with the setup in my car, assuming that the car fitment still functions.

If you find it and it still works could you let me know. Are you very far from Coventry?

Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate it.

Just found this Dave , Chris.S sold a kit a while back and it was a Motorola V50 CLICK ME :-)

:D

Seems probable that the V50 was what Lexus used then. I'm not bothered about getting a phone with Lexus on it, more getting one that will work with the setup in my car, assuming that the car fitment still functions.

If you find it and it still works could you let me know. Are you very far from Coventry?

Thanks for all the input guys. I appreciate it.

I'm in the midlands mate, well Rugeley to be exact :) but do enjoy the drive out so when i dig it out (probably tomorrow) i'll let you know if it still works and i could always post it to you to try out but i havnt used it for a while so will have to charge it up to see if it holds charge :whistling:

Looks like its a no go mate the phone holds charge, makes calls and lights up ok, But the screen is blank :( but i have just brought a new screen for it off ebay for a £1 to see if that will sort it out so will let you know if it works (again) :)

I didn't know you could get new screens.... I'm so technically minded that I upgrade when phone goes wrong and spend 2 yrs getting used to it then it goes wrong again! Thanks for the trouble you are taking.

Looks like its a no go mate the phone holds charge, makes calls and lights up ok, But the screen is blank :( but i have just brought a new screen for it off ebay for a £1 to see if that will sort it out so will let you know if it works (again) :)

I didn't know you could get new screens.... I'm so technically minded that I upgrade when phone goes wrong and spend 2 yrs getting used to it then it goes wrong again! Thanks for the trouble you are taking.

No worries mate, i'm quite interested now in seeing if it works :D

I knew you could get them, just not how ridiculously easy it is to replace them until my sister cracked the screen on her phone - took me 10 mins to replace and put everything back together, normally I'd have sent that off to be fixed for some extortionate fee!

This is turning into quite a saga now though, can't wait to see what the end result is...........

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links